Posted on 3/8/2022
- A Level required; Degree educated preferred
- Part Qualified ACCA/CIMA preferred
- Strong Accounting knowledge and Accounts Payable experience
- Previous experience working with MS Dynamics Great Plains strongly preferred
- Previous experience creating journal entries
- Prior experience working in a Proprietary Trading or Broker/Dealer environment desirable
- Experience with brokerage payables
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are critical
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office (especially Excel) preferred
- Strong work ethic and reliability
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Pro-active and strong team player
- Proven ability to handle deadlines in a constantly evolving environment
- Verify and match invoices against purchase orders in the eRequester purchasing system
- Process non-purchase order invoices in the purchasing system
- Utilize Concur (travel & expense system) to process expense reports
- Coordinate with Purchasing team to resolve billing issues and any outstanding questions
- Create new supplier records in MS Dynamics Great Plains accounting system
- Assist in 5-day payables and accrual close process
- Perform complex allocations and produce monthly journal entries for various accruals and reclass entries and prepare ad hoc reports
- Process operational and brokerage invoices
- Organize and file documents electronically
- Provide support and answer questions on expenses when needed
- Prepare wire transfer payments and update cash management system
- Prepare multi-currency bank reconciliations
Proprietary trading firm
DRW's mission is to build revolutionary finance. The company is doing this by building a system that applies modeling, technology and quantitative research to identify opportunities in the global financial markets.
- Daily catered breakfast & lunch
- Social events
- Gym subsidy
- Flexible work arrangements
- Monthly tastings
- Game room
- On-site yoga classes and meditation
- Employee led affinity groups
- Mentor/mentee outings
- Trivia nights
- Educational opportunities
- DRW-sponsored sports teams
- Poker tournament
- Private mother's suite
- Integrity - In order to collaborate thoughtfully and build strong relationships, we value transparency and hold ourselves and our people accountable.
- Critical thought - We like solving problems and discussing technical and research topics. We question what we think we know.
- Learning - Continual growth and exploration, both formally and in our day-to-day interactions, helps build our skills individually and as a team.
- Challenge consensus - We achieve the highest standard of success by challenging our decision making every day. Our formula? Strong opinions, loosely held.
- Preparation - Always be prepared for the expected and the unexpected. We adapt as the markets evolve, and in-depth research helps us do that.
- Respect - Our work environment is diverse, and that diversity makes us stronger. We collaborate thoughtfully, and hold each other in high regard.
- Sense of urgency - In a fast-paced industry, we adapt and are always ready to act. Priorities shift, objectives evolve and we move quickly to adjust.