About the role
Chime is looking for an engineering intern to join our product engineering team. You will gain valuable professional experience working with building scalable systems while innovating on the future of our mobile apps. This is an exciting opportunity to learn while playing a role in a critical initiative at Chime.
The Experience Platform organization aims to provide a high quality platform capabilities across the entire company, to ultimately help our members work towards better financial health, while accelerating development velocity across multiple teams within Chime. The domain of this org includes the App Platform, Experimentation, and Targeting. As small and nimble teams within Experience Platform, each person has a profound impact on the experience of each of our millions of users.
This role is structured as a 3 month engagement. The starting hourly rate offered for this role and target level of experience will begin at $29 and up to $42. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Assist with the design, development, testing, and deployment of mobile platform features.
- Work with a cross-functional team and understand how software is developed andmaintained at scale.
- Gain exposure across the stack, from our backend GraphQL gateway to our mobile React Native app that millions of members interact with daily.
To thrive in this role, you
- Have experience in mobile or backend languages, like TypeScript or Ruby.
- Understand standard software design patterns and best practices.
- Have a passion for learning and applying technology to solve real-world problems.
- GraphQL and React Native familiarity is a bonus if you’re interested in working with Mobile!
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
Perks once Full-Time
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.