Nextdoor’s purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on. Neighbors around the world turn to Nextdoor daily to receive trusted information, give and get help, get things done, and build real-world connections with those nearby — neighbors, businesses, organizations, and public services. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in more than 305,000 neighborhoods across 11 countries.
The role of Communications at Nextdoor is to drive top-of-funnel growth and positive brand awareness via the development and amplification of our purpose-driven brand. Our objective is to elevate the power of Nextdoor, while supporting the company’s rapid growth and adoption.
Meet Your Future Neighbors
Nextdoor seeks an experienced communication professional to lead Internal Communications at Nextdoor. This role will be responsible for owning internal communication across all levels of the organization. You will accomplish this by working collaboratively with teams across the organization to create inspiring, effective, and engaging communications that drive and amplify our business purpose, mission, and values and cultural priorities.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Responsible for creating and implementing internal communications strategies across all levels of the organization that help inspire, engage and drive awareness, support employee engagement, build our talent brand, and promote a positive workplace culture
- Develop, write, and edit communications for executives and leaders, including talking points, emails, Frequently Asked Questions, and presentations
- Managing events like our weekly All Hands, monthly Speaker Series, and any other events that may come up is a crucial part of this role
- You’ll also be responsible for creating content for internal communication documents and programs that support the organization, ensuring relevance to our Core Values, purpose, and Employee Value Proposition
- Additionally, you will manage our internal communications channels at Nextdoor and develop successful strategies on how to best reach our employees with messaging
- Collaborating closely with the People Team to ensure consistency and alignment across all communications to employees
- Creating and managing internal communication content including graphics, emails/memos, videos, slide decks, and more using various content calendars
- Managing Nextdoor’s internal communications channels including: all-fte email, Slack, Nextdoor HQ (a Nextdoor neighborhood for employees), All-Hands, etc.
- Identifying new communication channels, solutions to measure success, and ways to improve how we communicate to employees
What You’ll Bring To The Team
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in internal communications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, process-oriented, and ability to work independently under tight deadlines
- Ability to engage senior executives with communication counsel and support, and communicate the voice of leaders
- Ability to multitask and work well with team members in a fast-paced environment
- Deep interest in storytelling and our strategy to educate, inform, and inspire employees
- Passion for Nextdoor’s product, purpose, and mission
Compensation, benefits, perks, and recognition programs at Nextdoor come together to create one overall rewards package.
The starting salary for this role is expected to range from $110,000 to $142,000 on an annualized basis, or potentially greater in the event that your ’level’ of proficiency exceeds the level expected for the role. Compensation may also vary by geography.
We also expect to award a meaningful equity grant for this role. With equal quarterly vesting, your first vest date would be within the first 3 months of your start date.
Overall, total compensation will vary depending on your relevant skills, experience, and qualifications. We have you covered! Nextdoor employees can choose between a variety of great health plans. We cover 100% of your personal monthly premium for health, dental, and vision – and provide a OneMedical membership for concierge care.
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the neighbors we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.