Senior Engineer, Research; Computational materials Discovery
Posted on 7/12/2022
Everett, MA, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Resourceful Achiever: self-motivated and proactive, you flex to try new approaches and creatively solve problems
- Avid Learner: you thrive with challenges, seek continuous growth and improvement, and seek data to prove your hypotheses
- Devoted Professional: you are diligent and deliberate in your work, leveraging your expertise to deliver results without ego
- Thoughtful Collaborator: you build relationships across teams, offering help and welcoming ideas from others to drive work forward in an inclusive manner
- Develop automated and autonomous data pipelines workflows for the discovery of novel materials
- Collaborate with other computational and experimental researchers in an interdisciplinary group
- Contribute to Samsung AML's mission of next-generation materials development
- Disseminate findings in top tier publications and conferences
- Collaborate closely with our research partners in academia and headquarters in South Korea
- PhD in Materials Science or Physics
- Highly experienced programmer and software development skills
- Experience with machine-learning algorithms for materials data analytics
- Experience working with open-source materials workflow systems (AiiDA, Fireworks, etc.)
- Demonstrable ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Effective communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Modern Python programming experience and database management skills
One of the world's largest producers of electronic devices
Samsung's mission is to devote its talent and technology to creating superior products and services that contribute to a better global society. Samsung produces a wide range of electronic devices and is ranked as a top 10 global brand.
- Comprehensive healthcare: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee assistance program, Telehealth services
- Work life success: PTO, FlexTime, FlexPlace, FlexYourFriday
- Financial wellness: Health savings account, Flexible spending acounts, 401(k), Student loan support, Tuition assistance
- Family first: Pregnancy support, Adoption assistance program, Paid child caregiver leave, Milk stork, WINFertility
- Incentives: Fitness reimbursement, Annual physical. Preventative screenings, Lifestyle management
- People: Quite simply, a company is its people. At Samsung, we’re dedicated to giving our people a wealth of opportunities to reach their full potential.
- Excellence: Everything we do at Samsung is driven by an unyielding passion for excellence and an unfaltering commitment to develop the best products and services on the market
- Change: As we have done since our foundation, we set our sights on the future, anticipating market needs and demands so we can steer our company toward long-term success.
- Integrity: Operating in an ethical way is the foundation of our business. Everything we do is guided by a moral compass that ensures fairness, respect for all stakeholders and complete transparency.
- Co-prosperity: Samsung is committed to becoming a socially and environmentally responsible corporate citizen in all of its communities worldwide.