- 3+ years of business to business credit analyst and collections experience embodying the above responsibilities, experience in SaaS environment is preferred
- Strong knowledge of quote and/or order to cash workflow and supporting the sales motion process
- Billing experience helpful but not required
- Working knowledge of procurement portals such as Ariba, Coupa, Taulia to ensure timely customer invoicing, purchase order processing, and other customer requirements
- Ability to manage high volumes throughout the month and adapt to varying volumes while maintaining a high level of professionalism and collaboration
- Ability to work independently and prioritize workload with competing priorities
- Experience with various accounting software and other systems - SAP, Oracle, Workday, Salesforce, Zuora, and similar systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills for effective communication in all settings and levels of company
- Embody our values: Be Humble, Start with the Customer and work backwards, Embody a Growth Mindset, and Strive Together
About the opportunity
As Credit/Collections Analyst you will serve our customers in a variety of ways with regard to their account. From a credit perspective, by evaluating various credit and financial information to establish their accounts. From a collections perspective, managing and resolving various account issues in order to resolve past due accounts for timely payment. This role will allow you to develop and grow your talent and skill set and you will be supported throughout your career journey at Contentful.
You will assist in the collection, management, and resolution of outstanding invoices from past due accounts. Manage portfolio of accounts including delinquency, write-offs, credit memos, and additional interest. You will have an eye to eliminate the root cause of payment delays created by internal or customer processes. Collaborates with sales support, accounts receivable, and directly with the customer to determine the ability to pay, communicate contractual specifications, and enforce remedies in reconciling accounts. Recognizes deteriorating credit situations recommending and implementing solutions.
What to expect?
- Credit Analysis: Evaluate new and existing client relationships by completing a thorough risk assessment including analysis and interpretation of financials including balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statements
- Perform analysis of Dun & Bradstreet credit report profiles to analyze payment trends, DBT, and overall business viability
- Periodic or annual credit review (as needed) of existing client portfolio and recommended credit limits adjustment.
- Collaborate with Sales / Deal Desk to structure options for customers with credit worthiness issues.
- Establish and maintain client relationships (internal and external) providing world class service for every transaction and interaction.
- Timely management of strategic client portfolios including addressing and preventing past due account balances through collaboration with customers and related internal account team.
- Ensure accurate customer account records through proper account reconciliations, payment application, recording of adjustments (write-offs, credit memos, etc.), name changes, bill-to and ship-to addresses, etc.
- Engage in weekly portfolio reporting of collections and credit performance review with senior management.
- Participate in process improvement projects with evidence based findings and solutions.
- Serve as the primary partner between Order Management / Billing team and customers in complex billing scenarios.
- Partner with various functions in the quote-to-cash process including Sales, Sales Operations, Customer Success, and various finance functions to resolve client issues timely and accurately
What you need to be successful?
- 3+ years of business to business credit analyst and collections experience embodying the above responsibilities, experience in SaaS environment is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of quote and/or order to cash workflow and supporting the sales motion process.
- Billing experience helpful but not required.
- Working knowledge of procurement portals such as Ariba, Coupa, Taulia to ensure timely customer invoicing, purchase order processing, and other customer requirements.
- Ability to manage high volumes throughout the month and adapt to varying volumes while maintaining a high level of professionalism and collaboration.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize workload with competing priorities.
- Experience with various accounting software and other systems - SAP, Oracle, Workday, Salesforce, Zuora, and similar systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills for effective communication in all settings and levels of company.
- Embody our values: Be Humble, Start with the Customer and work backwards, Embody a Growth Mindset, and Strive Together.
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We valueWork-Life balanceandYou Time!A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range Starting at $81,000 - $87,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards, annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at [email protected] with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.