Dave (Nasdaq: DAVE) is on a mission to build products that level the financial playing field. Our banking app helps millions of members bank, budget, find work, build credit, and access up to $500 advances without paying a fee. With a growing suite of tools and services, we provide a superior banking experience for anyone living paycheck to paycheck. We’re looking for high performers to be part of our journey to bring access to financial opportunity for everyone.
Dave is looking for a Sr. Compensation Manager who will be responsible for developing, implementing and administering the company’s compensation programs and ensuring adherence to Dave’s compensation philosophy. This person will be responsible for understanding the changing external landscape during an exciting time of the company’s growth as a newly public company, and adapting existing or recommending new solutions to meet those respective talent needs. The Sr. Compensation Manager will be responsible for all of the company’s pay programs including broad-based cash and stock compensation programs as well as supporting People team leadership with the executive compensation program.
What You’ll Do:
- Leads successful implementation two semi-annual compensation reviews, serving as the subject matter expert and program manager for cash and stock compensation programsActs as a steward of the company’s compensation philosophy by influencing key stakeholders with compensation decisions upon hire and employee movement.
- Make recommendations to iterate or enhance our existing compensation philosophy as required
- Translates complex talent, business and compliance needs into compensation project plans and deliverables.
- Partners with third party compensation consultants, People and Finance team leadership to periodically review and update company stock compensation bands, as needed, per change in stock value
- Responsible for performing routine market research to keep salary structures and ranges up to date and aligned to Dave’s virtual-first model
- Serves as single point of contact for routine new hire offer approvals with Talent Acquisition team including conducting one-off compensation analyses, proactively and reactively as needed by People Partner and Talent Acquisition teams
- Performs regular pay equity analysis to ensure Dave compensates team members fairly regardless of any protected characteristics.
- Partner with Payroll and Finance to execute quarterly stock settlement payrolls and handle respective employee communications
- Partners with third party compensation consultants, People and Finance teams to provide inputs for Compensation Committee and Board of Directors meeting materials, including providing inputs for our available shares analysis
- Partners with People Operations and People Partner teams to maintain company job architecture in Workday HRIS, including approving and benchmarking new job families, levels, titling conventions and applicable salary structure.
- Completes annual benchmarking, and other relevant compensation survey participation
- Responsible for determining FLSA status for all positions at the company
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of relevant experience including experience with both cash and stock compensation
- Public company experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Knowledge of compensation program concepts and practices
- Program management experience needed including managing timelines, multiple stakeholders, developing communications and training materials
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills with a commitment to accuracy
- Comfortable working with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality
- Experience with Workday, ChartHop and/or compensation planning systems preferred
Don’t let imposter syndrome get in your way of an incredible opportunity. We’re looking for people who can help us achieve our mission and vision, not just check off the boxes. If you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Why you’ll love working here:
At Dave, our people are just as important as our product. Our culture is a reflection of our values that guide who we are, how we work, and what we aspire to be. Daves are member centric, helpful, transparent, persistent, and better together. We strive to create an environment where all Daves feel valued, heard, and empowered to do their best work. As a virtual first company, team members can live and work anywhere in the United States, with the exception of Hawaii.
A few of our benefits & perks:
• Opportunity to tackle tough challenges, learn and grow from fellow top talent, and help millions of people reach their personal financial goals
• Flexible hours and virtual first work culture with a home office stipend
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Generous paid parental and caregiver leave
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Financial advisor and financial wellness support
• Flexible PTO and generous company holidays, including Juneteenth and Winter Break
• All-company in-person events once or twice a year and virtual events throughout to connect with your team members and leadership team
Dave, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is dedicated to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants and do not discriminate on any basis protected by federal, state, or local law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant’s criminal history.