Canary Technologies is a fast-growing enterprise hospitality technology company that provides hotels with innovative solutions to drive efficiency and enhance the guest experience. Our core solutions get rid of antiquated technology in hotels. With backing from some of the top investors in Silicon Valley, including Y Combinator, Canary Technologies is trusted by thousands worldwide and serves some of the world’s largest and most iconic hotel brands.
This opportunity will provide close interaction with senior leaders and founders. Our founders are alums of the Cornell Hotel School, Columbia University, and The University of Pennsylvania- Wharton. They have previously built software companies and have worked at firms such as Bain & Company and Starwood Hotels & Resorts.
We are an organization that strongly believes in meritocracy and performance. There is significant opportunity for advancement and growth in this role, both of which are based on performance and talent.
We are seeking a highly motivated Sales Development Representative (SDR) to help our growing company drive new customer acquisition. This is an excellent opportunity for a self-starter that is looking to grow their sales career at fast-paced tech company. This role will provide a career path in outbound sales for talented individual. A successful candidate will have a positive phone presence, fluid and able to think on your feet, while presenting a confident pitch to engage the opportunity. You’ll bring strong mentality to each day and be open immediately apply advice. If you feel that you understand this role and are prepared to take on this crucial responsibility, we would love to work with you.
- Conduct persistent outreach to targeted prospects (dials/email)
- Communicate our value proposition to decision makers and qualify them for potential sales opportunities
- Deliver against a quota for qualified leads
- Leverage prospecting tools to research companies and identify key decision makers
- Collaborate closely with our Account Executives to help them close accounts and accelerate pipeline growth
- Contribute towards optimizing our approach towards sales development to drive ongoing improvement
- Leverage Salesforce for lead and pipeline management, and sales forecasting
- Participate in knowledge sharing, training updates and process optimization
- Ability to communicate (speak/read/write) in Spanish is a must!
- Adapts easily to new situations and eager to learn/contribute
- Experience qualifying leads (preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Grit – dialing and being an SDR takes emotional strength and you either have it or you don’t
- Determined to exceed goals on a weekly basis and have self-accountability
- Assertive, persistent, persuasive and a good listener
- Smart and confident to build successful client relationships and overcome objections/rejections over the phone
- 1+ years of work experience
- Prior experience as an SDR (preferred but not required)
- Prior experience in hospitality, software, or sales (preferred but not required)
- Local candidates in the LATAM region only
Canary Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Most importantly, we work hard to ensure Canary is a fun and exciting place to work. How do we do this?
First, we’ve added Canary Days to the calendar as company holidays to ensure that the team has 1 long weekend each month.
Second, we have a list clubs and perks listed below that create space for us to hang out!
Self Improvement Club: We meet each month and share our personal goals for the month. We are able to expense $75 towards any purchases that helped us achieve these goals.
Fireside Chat: We meet each month to discuss a wide range of issues. This group was started focused on women’s issues and has expanded in scope over the last several months.
Donuts! : Each week a Slackbot called ‘Donut’ pairs us up with a random teammate.
$50 to stay at any hotel that uses Canary Check-inBook a trip at one of the hotels that has Canary Checkin, stay there, leave a review on TripAdvisor/Google and get a $50 reimbursement!
$500 travel reimbursement: We get up to $500 if we want to make a trip to SF or NY for personal reasons. We will spend at least 3 days of that trip working at a wework with fellow Canaryites!