Finance Operations Analyst
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Washington, DC, USA • Dallas, TX, USA • Raleigh, NC, USA • Chicago, IL...
- 2 years of related finance experience
- This role is for doers; be able to get into the details and get the job done while at the same time being able to see the forest for the trees
- Ability to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay flexible through growth and change
- Strong customer service orientation and a desire to help others succeed
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative abilities
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Comfortable completing projects requiring individual initiative and flexibility in tight time frames with some direct supervision as required
- Basic financial acumen broadly across the organization (e.g., understanding of financial statements, chart of accounts, business intelligence, FP&A processes, etc.,)
- Software and system skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel) a must. NetSuite, Workday, SAP experience a plus
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related relevant areas
- Responsible for FP&A fundamental responsibilities such as authorization to spend or hire by reviewing/approving purchase orders and requisitions to ensure all relevant financial information is accurately recorded
- Perform monthly and quarterly spend accruals, and publish budget vs. actuals Tableau reporting to assist in spend analysis and expense pacing across different functions
- Responsible for loading and reconciling headcount and expense data into our forecasting tool
- Assist in ad-hoc analysis under the direction of a senior member of the team
- Introduce improvements, streamline, and eliminate unnecessary processes and workflow that will enhance the overall operation and efficiency of the Finance organization
- Collaborate with various functional departments and internally within Finance as appropriate
Data management & visualization platform
Splunk's mission is to address the challenges and opportunities of managing massive streams of machine-generated big data. Splunk is the leading software platform for machine data that enables customers to gain real-time Operational Intelligence.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans for regular, full-time U.S. employees — choose the best plans for you and your family. Plus: Health Savings Account (HSA), Life insurance and survivor benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Business travel and accident insurance, Voluntary Critical Illness & Hospital Indemnity
- Eligible employees enjoy: 401(k) Plan with a company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Equity awards, Bonus or commission program
- We support you and your family: Paid parental leave, Mother rooms and wellness rooms, Family Planning
- Your work/life balance is important to us, that's why we offer: 16 company holidays, 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, 10 bereavement days, 5 volunteer days
- Ensuring our employees' success goes beyond insurance plans: Education reimbursement, Electric car charging stations, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Stocked kitchens, Gym discounts/onsite fitness centers, Pet insurance discount, Student loan resources, Cool workspace with collaborative environments, 529 College Savings Plan
- Innovative: We’re passionate about our customer success. We keep our energy laser-focused on giving our customers the best possible and most trustworthy experience, driven ultimately by integrity. After all, we’d be nothing without them.
- Open: We never stop learning or striving to create a positive impact. The work we do matters. We innovate at warp speed to disrupt the world's notion of what’s possible.
- Disruptive: We are humble and value openness and honesty. We speak our truths mindfully and in consideration of others. Candor is cool - respect is required.
- Fun: We embrace the ride (preferably in a Splunk t-shirt). We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We weave an irreverent and infectious sense of fun into everything we do.
- Passionate: We cultivate an inclusive environment where all backgrounds are celebrated. Striving for equity and embracing our individual uniqueness is our secret sauce. And it will only make us stronger.
- #WeAreSplunk: We represent many functions and regions but are one team. We value each other's efforts and moonshot ideas. And we celebrate highs, and learn from lows, together. We trust and rely on each other. Remember: There’s no “I” in Splunk.