Intern – Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Lubbock, TX, USA
- Attending an accredited University studying toward aBachelor'sdegree in Industrial or Manufacturing
- Assists with preparing plant layouts for new machine location, machine relocation, and facility expansion / renovations or improvements
- Assists with identifying and implementing process improvements in the Machine Shop and Assembly areas through utilization of VBLSS tools
- Prepares workplace layouts for location of pallets, gauges, and tooling for efficiency and safety
- Performs efficiency time studies and ergonomic evaluations
- Assist manufacturing engineering team with various tasks as assigned by Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Must have a thorough knowledge of manufacturing or industrial engineering, coupled with knowledge of lean and continuous improvement
- Shall possess an aptitude for good analytical skills and the ability to organize and implement engineering tasks
- Should have the ability to interface well with others and to direct, and take direction from others, as required
- Must be knowledgeable in MS Office applications
Innovative water solutions
Xylem helps consumers solve water. The company works to bring clean water, sanitation and hygiene education to schools and communities in emerging markets, and respond with water solutions when disaster strikes around the globe
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
- Respect: for each other, for diversity of people and opinions, for the environment
- Responsibility: for our words and actions, for customer satisfaction, for giving back to our communities
- Integrity: for acting ethically, for doing what we say we’ll do, for having the courage to communicate with candor
- Creativity: for thinking beyond boundaries, for anticipating tomorrow’s challenges, for unlocking growth potential