Trading Systems Engineer
Posted on 10/17/2022
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience and qualifications
- Familiar with Linux (RedHat, Ubuntu, etc.), automation tools and not afraid of the command line
- Experience with Python, Bash, Databases structures and scripting techniques
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly
- Understanding of the importance of risk & compliance procedures and controls
- Team player with the ability to build relationships with multiple teams and offices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- On-call availability to work outside of core business hours or on weekends or holidays
- Work closely with Development, Trading and Infrastructure teams to troubleshoot issues, make continuous improvements, and configure the trading system
- Work on automating daily and repetitive tasks
- Create, update and improve continuous monitoring processes of the production trading environment
- Learn and adjust to ongoing changes within our proprietary trading system
- Support the release process to ensure that Akuna and its systems are upgraded properly
- Learn and support in-house and third-party software applications
- Provide in-office technical support to traders using our proprietary trading system
Trading firm specializing in derivatives market-making
Akuna Capital is a proprietary trading firm specializing in derivatives market making and sophisticated modeling with a commitment to cutting-edge technology.
- Generous Paid Leave Policies - Vacation leave starting at 20 days per year that increases based on tenure, flexible sick leave, primary carer’s leave starting at 12 weeks, and volunteer time off.
- Medical & Retirement Packages - 100% coverage of monthly premiums for employees enrolled in Akuna’s BlueCross BlueShield offerings and dental and vision plans, as well as a 401(k) plan with company match.
- Wellness & Inclusion - Our employees have access to complimentary fitness and mindfulness events both in-person and virtually, as well as an in-building gym in our Chicago office. Additionally, our employee-led Culture Committee works together to continue building a healthy, positive, and inclusive work environment.
- Continuing Education - We are proud to offer firm-wide classes through our Akuna U program, access to webinars, digital books, and case studies via Safari, opportunities to attend conferences, and tuition reimbursements to make sure you keep learning!
- Social Events - We host happy hours, team outings and poker nights, sponsor a variety of employee-led clubs and sports teams, and offer volunteer opportunities to all employees.
- Kitchen & Games Room - Catch up over a coffee made to order by our in-house barista and grab a bite to eat in our stocked kitchen, or challenge a fellow coworker to a friendly ping pong match in our games room!
- Referral Bonuses - We want to reward you for helping us grow our awesome, hard-working team.
Company Core Values
- Rapid innovation through new technologies
- Collaborative flow of knowledge
- A thirst for individual growth and opportunity