UI, Designer, Remote, U.S. Only, On-Site, Or Hybrid
Posted on 3/20/2023
- Are exceptional creative problem solvers and visual storytellers who use research, discovery, and strategy as a foundation for making and articulating your design decisions
- Are trained in the principles of graphic design and have advanced skills in typography, illustration, photography, and iconography to create effective forms of digital communication
- Understand that motion is an essential part of interactive design, and ensure that it's considered
- Deliver high quality design work that supports and reinforces a client's brand by creating unique web experiences that go way beyond aesthetics
- Know how to use Figma very well. You can design systematically and create design systems and UI parts kits that are full of personality
- Incorporate inclusive design principles and accessibility best practices in your work
- Are interested in and enthusiastic about many facets of digital design and find it exciting that their next project could be a design system, marketing campaign, microsite, or content website
- Are strong communicators and presenters who routinely articulate design decisions to a variety of audiences
- Take pride in listening, communicating, and collaborating exceptionally well
- Presenting your design strategy for a project to client stakeholders, leading a client workshop using Figjam, or assisting in a pitch to a potential client
- Designing high fidelity design comps to present to stakeholders
- Mentoring and developing members of the design team's skills and processes
- Creating illustrations and iconography to give a website more personality
- Providing design direction and insight on various projects
- Collaborating with an in-house UI Developer to create an accessible interface
- Developing and documenting a design system in Figma for a large CMS-driven website
- Have an online portfolio or other example work you can share with us
- Have experience designing large-scale and complex responsive websites in an agency setting
- Have a degree, certification, or equivalent work experience showing aptitude with visual design
- At this time, we're hoping to hire a Principal Visual Designer with at least 8 years experience in digital design
Full-service interactive agency
Viget sees the digital world as an essential part of the “real” world. That's why they approach tech problems in the same way people approach real-life problems — with curiosity, empathy, and a belief that we can, and will, come up with solutions that make the world a better place for everyone.
- We offer competitive salaries, annual raises, and a 401(k) plan matched up to 4%
- We cover 100% of your health & dental insurance (and your family’s, too)
- We offer healthy snacks in each office and foster a culture of well-being with initiatives
- We champion sustainable workweeks balanced with 9 paid holidays, 15 days PTO (20 after 2 years), and 2 community service days
- We outfit our team with 27 in displays and your choice of Macbook Air or Pro. In most cases, you can select the software you prefer
- We provide an annual conference stipend, internal micro-classes, and opportunities to explore new tech on self-directed projects
Company Core Values
- Be Good - To us, this means honest, trustworthy, empathetic, helpful, and respectful of your fellow humans.
- Be Real - We’re at our best when we’re authentic, engaged, fun-loving, humble, direct, and all-in on our mission.
- Be Brave - We want you to be curious, creative, ambitious, decisive, and willing to take calculated risks and tackle big challenges.
- Learn & Grow - Here, you’ll continually expand and evolve your skills, and broaden your personal and professional experiences.
- Teach & Share - By imparting insights, knowledge, and wisdom throughout our company and community we all succeed.
- Teamwork - We’re all on the same team and we consistently work both hard and smart in service to our clients and each other.