Full Stack Engineer, New Financial Products
Posted on 11/19/2021
Seattle, WA, USA • New York, NY, USA
- Have a strong technical background, including 3+ years of experience working on the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users
- Are comfortable working on a new product under fluid conditions, seamlessly balancing tactical and strategic considerations
- Served as the technical lead and defined the roadmap for complex projects spanning multiple teams and functions
- Measure your success in terms of business impact, not lines of code
- Internalize the best ideas from across the organization, humbly setting a vision that others are excited to get behind
- Care deeply about mentorship and growing engineers and managers
- Prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and have a good intuition for what will last and scale
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different areas of expertise. Engineering works closely with a variety of teams: Sales and Support to better understand our customers' needs, Legal and Accounting to understand how global policies influence our money-moving infrastructure, etc
- Scope, and lead large technical projects, laying the groundwork for early-stage products to iteratively evolve and scale
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, user-facing experiences, services, and systems
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Align our technical decisions with Stripe's broad strategic initiatives, while also advocating for needs specific to emerging new businesses
- Develop and execute against both short- and long-term roadmaps. Make effective tradeoffs that consider business priorities, user experience, and a sustainable technical foundation
- Teach and mentor both individual contributors and managers to become the next generation of leaders at Stripe. As a senior member on a new team, you will be looked to for guidance
Payment processing platform
Stripe's mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet.
- Inclusive coverage - We provide a thoughtful and balanced set of benefits that allow Stripes to be their best selves and do great work. Whether that means offering comprehensive mental, physical, and medical health plans, supporting Stripes’ financial futures, providing fertility benefits and parental leave, or making sure Stripes have access to healthy food at the office, our robust programs put Stripes and their families first.
- Growth by way of learning - We are voracious learners and teachers. Our Education team delivers an onboarding and product training curriculum for all new Stripes, and hosts expert-led courses on things like project management fundamentals and macroeconomics. Beyond the formal program, Stripes are constantly sharing knowledge with each other through conversation, documentation, reading groups, and informal talks.
- A principled approach to food - The food program holds a special place in Stripe’s history and future. These Stripes come to our kitchen from a breadth of backgrounds and experiences, and focus on one proposition—respect. This is apparent not only in the local ingredients they work with or in the gracious, teamwork-driven buffet lines, but also in their approach to growing a global team through sustainable food practices and minimal waste.
- An environment of growth
- Intentional communication
- Fast-paced, detail oriented
- Voraciously curious