Posted on 3/16/2023
San Francisco, CA, USA • Remote • New York, NY, USA • Kingston, ON...
- Have a BA/BS or something you feel is equivalent
- Consistently exercise empathy
- Exude competence
- Always seek to answer the question behind the question
- Understand how to translate convoluted banking or engineering terminology into clear, human user communication
- Enjoy thinking about how to automate as much of your job as possible
- Keep a clean, ordered inbox
- Stay calm and collected while working on ten things at once
- Feel confident talking with startup folks in person, over chat, or on the phone
- Use creativity while working within difficult constraints
- Show kindness in the face of unpleasantness (our customers generally are really great, but they can get passionate when it comes to their businesses)
- And ideally, have a love for language
- Answer user questions over chat, email, and phone
- Handle user account requests, including application processing, card disputes, missing payments, card shipments, and a whole lot more
- Teach customers how to use our product (hopefully most of it is self-explanatory), and translate user confusion into product suggestions
- Identify the systemic flaws that lead to user problems
- Work with our engineering team to find and squash bugs
- Communicate our users' needs to our partner banks and work with them to improve their products and processes
- Write help articles and FAQs
- Learn our internal tools and figure out how to improve them
- Put in place processes to make your job more efficient
- Help with other compliance and customer tasks
- Create and sustain warm relationships with our users
- Help build out the customer support and ops infrastructure at Mercury
Banking for startups
Mercury is on a mission to build a banking stack for startups. The company provides banking services and APIs for startups.
- Health, dental, & vision
- Custom equipment setup
- 401(K) matching
- 12+ weeks paid parental leave
- Book budget
- Wellness benefits
- Grocery budget
- Paid lunch
- Personalized callsign
- Unlimited vacation policy (with mandatory minimum)
Company Core Values
- Think actively: Question processes. Give thoughtful responses. Find the best way instead of going by how it’s always been done.
- Appreciate quality: Take pride in crafting a lasting product. Work with the best equipment. Invest in great things that improve your life.
- Be super helpful: Go above and beyond to solve problems. Exercise empathy. Deliver magic to customers and coworkers.
- Maximize efficiency: Minimize unnecessary meetings and management. Work together with others to get the job finished.
- Act with humility: Treat everyone with respect. Leave egos at the door.
- Focus on product: Ask yourself how the product can be better today than it was yesterday.