Director, Sanctions Compliance
Posted on 2/2/2022
Austin, TX, USA • Remote
- 12+ years of relevant experience in compliance with deep specialization in managing Sanctions programs
- 5+ years of experience managing teams
- Compliance experience in either banking, consulting, or cryptocurrency required. Experience in RegTech or Fintech companies is preferred
- Proven experience with regulatory exams and presenting to examiners
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with OFAC, UN, and other Global Sanctions regulatory guidance
- Experience managing the configuration and performance of client and transaction sanction screening systems
- Familiarity with client screening and associated alert reviews
- Experience working hands-on with other cross-functional team leaders, such as lawyers, engineers, product managers, data analysts, operations analysts in improving compliance processes and systems
- Experience and comfort working in an ever changing industry and the flexibility to quickly react to changing demands
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack and Apple MacOS preferred
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite
- Own the end-to-end global Sanctions program and strategy, including the development of policies, standards, and other procedural or guidance materials
- Provide day-to-day guidance for designing global sanctions screening platforms and controls for Circle's services and all applicable global sanctions regulations
- Plan, design, develop and test configurations for Sanction screening applications
- Perform data analysis, design business requirements, understand emerging issues, perform estimation and verify implementation of new features and enhancements
- Identify, assess, and advise on compliance risks and control enhancements to a variety of stakeholders and customers to mitigate risks related to AML and Sanctions
- Provide advice to the businesses on an ongoing basis on new business initiatives, new products, and customer-related matters with respect to applicability of policies, resolution of potential red flags or other compliance escalations
- Research, analyze and provide recommended remediation efforts on Action Plans for matters that present sanctions and/or reputational risk
- Oversee control assessments and support the completion of company-wide Sanctions Risk Assessments
- Staying current on key Sanctions regulatory changes, key enforcement actions and related industry trends
- Assist regional Heads of Compliance in ensuring that all regulatory processes are scalable and remain compliant
- Develop, monitor and report on a suite of KPIs / KRIs for various internal fora including Executive Leadership and Board-level reporting
- Collaborate closely with the Compliance Operations team to operationalize the Sanctions Compliance program
- Work closely with Legal, Product and other internal stakeholders to support license application processes across multiple regions
- Present to regulators, examiners and auditors performing reviews of the Compliance program
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance
Platform for businesses to accept payments and send payouts
Circle's mission is to raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce. The company is a global financial technology firm that’s at the center of digital currency innovation and open financial infrastructure.
- Paid time off - We offer flexible paid time off — take what you need as long as it works with you and your team, and all Circle employees get mobile phone and home office reimbursements.
- Health coverage - No matter where you live, we offer a market competitive suite of benefits. Enroll in health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurances, and Circle covers some or all of the premiums.
- Invested in your future - All U.S. full-time and part-time employees enjoy 401(k) and pensions (with 4% company match if you contribute 5% or more), and share Circle’s success via company equity awards.
- Learning & development - Your individual growth and development is important to us and we provide the resources to help you grow your career while at Circle.
- We are Multistakeholder - As an institution, we exist in a broad stakeholder context, which means that we must organize, incentivize and measure ourselves against meeting the needs of all of our stakeholders — our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world.
- We are Mindful - We seek to be present and aware, to be respectful, active listeners (with each other and with our customers alike), and to pay attention to detail. We don’t rush to judgement, and when we are swept up by strong emotions we patiently observe and acknowledge them and try to not just react. Our mindfulness leads to better understanding, and more respectful, careful and deliberate choices.
- We are Driven by Excellence - We are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success. Being driven also means that we relentlessly pursue excellence, that we do not tolerate mediocrity, that we reward based on merit, and that we work intensely to achieve our goals. Being driven doesn’t mean that we are assholes and plough over people or tolerate a culture of aggressiveness. We are a team. Part of our drive is to bring everyone along in our collective achievement.
- We are High Integrity - We seek open and honest communication, and hold ourselves to very high moral and ethical standards. When we say we will do something, we do it. When we are having difficulty and need help, we talk about it. We treat each other and our customers with the utmost respect. We reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance. We welcome vulnerability and uncertainty, which needs to be listened to in order to bring people along, and helps us to constantly learn and improve. Our customers and partners implicitly experience us as high integrity, and our customer centric choices demonstrate this to them again and again.