Having issues with Copilot?Please update to version 1.6.3 by going to Manage Extensions → Update
Senior Audio Designer
Updated on 11/9/2023
Sports-based game development studio
2K’s mission is to enable all gamers to build, connect, escape and dream big with their wide array of interactive entertainment for video game consoles, personal computers, and mobile devices. The company is committed to maintaining and developing some of the most creative, respective and premium games in today’s gaming market.
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 9%
1 year growth↑ 22%
2 year growth↑ 133%
Art, Graphics & Animation
- 3+ Years game development experience focused on sound design and implementation or equivalent related experience.
- At least one shipped AAA title or equivalent major project completed as a contributing member of an audio team and/or pipeline.
- Skilled in creating audio assets utilizing a wide range of tools and concepts.
- General knowledge of audio production standards and best practices within the gaming industry.
- General knowledge of sound design principles, implementation, and audio production practices, with proficiency in industry-standard DAWs and related tools.
- Proficient with AudioKinetic’s Wwise authoring tools.
- Passion for audio and gaming, with a keen ear for audio quality, aesthetics, immersion, and a strong desire to drive innovation in audio design.
- Strong critical listening skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to troubleshoot and debug audio issues throughout development.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exposure to game development within modern game engines (Unreal, Unity, etc.) is a plus.
- Field recording experience is a plus.
- Create and design unique sound assets to utilize across all aspects of our projects both linear and interactive.
- Implement sound assets (SFX, Foley, Dialogue, Music, etc.) creatively within our game and audio engines across various projects and platforms.
- Collaborate with other audio team members to develop and refine the audio design aesthetic.
- Collaborate closely with non-audio team members (art, design, engineering, etc.) to support gameplay across various disciplines.
- Identify areas of improvement regarding audio features, pipelines and overall sonic fidelity while offering and developing solutions for enhancement.
- Participate in the overall audio pipeline and feature development.
- Help manage and maintain Wwise project organization and structures.
- Troubleshoot and debug audio issues throughout development.
- Exposure to game development within modern game engines (Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- Field recording experience