Technical Content and Level Designer, TwilioQuest
Posted on 3/16/2022
- Demonstrated experience with making games or content for games. Ability to use creative writing to bring engaging characters to life and constructing a narrative that enriches the game world around it
- Comfortable asking questions and taking initiative to solve problems in a rapidly growing company, where it is often necessary to draw the owl
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills when communicating with people from a wide range of backgrounds (our players and international colleagues in various subject areas)
- Experience working on a cross-functional team. Demonstrated commitment to seeking diverse viewpoints, and acting with intention to create an inclusive team environment
- Experience working on products in the education space (Primarily early in career, bootcamps, university)
- Experience serving a developer audience. Experience engaging with a community, sharing release updates, collecting feedback and encouraging players to support one another
- Experience delivering content for a game. Demonstrable level design experience (mods, maps, analysis of levels) and creative writing (short stories, narratives, character designs, etc.)
- Willingness to work in public (engage with our playerbase to improve our game and content) Opinions on what makes level content good and bad
- Work with subject-matter experts and a globally distributed team to create relevant and impactful educational content
- Be the voice of TwilioQuest, ensuring that the lore captivates our player base to continue learning with Twilio
- Work closely with TwilioQuest's Senior Software Engineer to ship our content development roadmap, and with TwilioQuest's pixel artist to bring your narrative to life
- Propose and implement new ideas to advance the state of TwilioQuest's fictional universe
- Apply your interactive experience design expertise to ensure TwilioQuest evolves as a deeply engaging, educational game
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $120,160 - $165,220
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan
Customer engagement platform & developer of communications APIs
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
- Vacation: Twilio offers generous annual time off in all countries for you to enjoy.
- Healthcare: We are dedicated to helping our employees live longer and healthier lives through comprehensive health programs.
- Retirement: Twilio cares about your retirement! We offer programs to help our employees plan for their retirement needs.
- Family leave: At Twilio we recognize the importance of family. We offer generous maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves, as well as family medical care leave.
- Earn your stripes: Build and present a Twilio app to earn your Twilio track jacket and receive $30 per month for e‑books for continued learning and education.
- Catered meals: We provide a variety of snacks, drinks, and catered meals in each of our locations.
- Build a more‑connected world
- Be great, do good, scale fast
- The work of our lives