Staff Backend Engineer
Posted on 12/21/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA
- 10+ years of experience in relevant software development
- Enforces a high standard of quality and craft with an eye for user experience and engineering detail
- Experience building systems for scale to handle high volume transactions
- Experience designing, building, deploying, monitoring and maintaining code in multi-service architecture
- Experience working with microservices architecture and domain driven engineering design approach for developing new microservices
- Experience building products in the payments domain will be big PLUS
- You'll help scale and expand capabilities of Patreon's payment platform that helps creators get paid effectively and on time
- Lead and contribute to the development and design of the Payments platform and tools to support payment processing at Patreon
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to define and implement alternate payment methods that increase Patreon offering for creators to choose their method to payin and payout
- Integrate with 3rd party systems and implement new solutions to streamline processes
- Collaborate with product management, designers, and other engineers to build new product functionality, while maintaining a delightful user experience, motivated by passion for our shared mission
- Work with Python, Flask, Java, Spring Boot, MySQL, AWS, Redis, Kafka and introducing other technologies when it makes sense
- Build a strong product-minded, engineering culture by mentoring and guiding engineers
Creator-founded membership platform
Patreon's mission at Patreon is simple: they want to fund the creative class. They want to get as many creators paid as possible, so they can enjoy sustainable income, retain creative control of their work, and keep a direct connection to their audience.
- Competitive Pay & Equity - Our company was built on the idea of value for value. To get the best on board, we provide competitive base salaries, stock options, and a 401k program.
- The Bells and Whistles - As they say, it’s the little things: commuter stipend, computer gear, standing desks, a learning stipend for your professional development and a monthly patronage stipend.
- Health Coverage - We offer incredible healthcare options for you and your loved ones (including dental, vision and mental health), as well as snacks and a daily catered lunch.
- Balance & Wellness - We offer a gym stipend (or Fitness SF membership), as well as unlimited vacation and sick leave.
Company Core Values
- Build with care
- Think big, but start small
- Guide & empower
- Respect the value of creators’ work
- Honor the relationship between creators and patrons.