Posted on 7/6/2022
- Experience creating, running, and iterating on efficient, data-driven processes
- Experience supporting the transition of research projects into development and deployment and awareness of opportunities for improvement in this pipeline
- Experience planning research meetings and/or research/research-development work packages
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Deep flexibility and creativity with the ability to adapt to fast-changing needs and priorities
- A bachelor's degree in a scientific, mathematical, or engineering discipline
- Design, host, and guide research intensive workshops, hackathons, conferences, and other high-impact research events
- Experiment with new tools for decentralized knowledge production and new mechanisms for incentivizing high-impact research
- Build relationships with members of the academic and decentralized science communities, learning about their projects and connecting them with resources and potential collaborators
- Conduct internal and external research to understand best practices in research, research management, and research funding organizations, and synthesize this information into actionable recommendations
- Drive and track the execution of research initiatives, and develop metrics to evaluate the success of research initiatives against their stated objectives
- Identify opportunities for process improvements in research and research management practices
- Proactively identify and clear roadblocks impeding the success of research projects, such as engineering or developer support or other resource requirements
- Help research teams assess their next best move, including developing business and sustainability models, and locate available resources
- Assist in onboarding academic researchers to the Web3 research & development ecosystem
- Prior research or development experience in the Web3 ecosystem, prior experience in running your own startup, or experience as an active contributor to an open-source project
- Engineering background or strong familiarity with Web3 technologies
- Experience in a research spinout or accelerator/incubator program
- Research experience in a scientific, mathematical, or engineering field
Open-source R&D lab with Web3 focus
Protocol Labs aims to make human existence orders of magnitude better through technology. The company is open-source research, development, and deployment laboratory, who's projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
- Parental leave
- Contributions to your retirement
- Competitive pay and unlimited time off
- For U.S.-based employees: platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
Company Core Values
- We are open source to the core: Open-source technology is at the core of all our projects and at the center of our philosophy.
- We are a global, remote workforce: Protocol Labs is a distributed company with no central office, working from home all over the world.
- We champion autonomy: We empower people to lead and take ownership of interesting, challenging problems.
- We welcome diverse ways of thinking: This is a team of talented, curious people of diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives.
- We are a startup lab:We mix fast-paced, growth-oriented startup culture, with deeply analytical, data driven research thinking.