Divine Knockout – Senior Sound Designer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Remote • United Kingdom
- Sound design assets and implement sound effects and music in-game
- Highly proficient with Wwise and UE4
- Help establish the audio aesthetic for the game
- Work with programmers and designers to explore new audio features, system design, and implementation processes for the game
- Interface with producers, leads, and team members to coordinate audio needs and asset lists
- Field record new sounds as needed
- Play the game regularly and continually identify opportunities to improve audio quality
- A self-motivated individual who works well when left on his/her own
- 5+ years of experience in audio for AAA games
- Solid sound design and implementation skills
- Ability to work quickly and go through iterations
- Ability to work well with feedback
- Expertise with Wwise
- Expertise with Unreal Engine, the more experience with Unreal, the better!
- Familiarity with Unreal Blueprints
Game Production Studio
Hi-rez's mission is to build and nurture long-lasting and inclusive communities around multiplayer gaming experiences that engage, connect and exhilarate our players. The company develops multiplayer games to connect people everywhere.
- Health Care - Every party needs a good healer. Hi-Rez makes sure you and your family have a great one. With lots of great, competitive options to help suit individual needs and lots of extra resources just a call away, we’ve got your back.
- Competitive 401(k) - The tax-qualified, defined-contribution pension account defined in subsection 401(k) of the Internal Revenue Code sounds scary to even think about, but Hi-Rez makes adulting easy. We’ll help you invest in future you by matching retirement fund contributions, even if it seems a ways away.
- Free lunch and snacks - We provide the fuel you need to get the job done with regularly catered on-site meals from a wide variety of tasty restaurants. For second breakfasts, elevenses or third afternoon snacks, there are a ton of healthy choices and sinfully tasty options in our on-site Marketplace.
- Training Reimbursement - Working towards your career goals shouldn’t conflict with your job. We offer reimbursement for qualifying education and training programs, so you can prepare yourself for greater challenges, opportunities, and responsibilities within the company. Level up your abilities while working full-time. It's essentially an AFK idle game, but IRL. Basically git gud 4 free.
- Maternity/Paternity Leave - The guardians need support. Hi-Rez Studios helps members of our work family take care of their families, offering 12 weeks of paid maternity leave and two weeks of paternity leave.
- Dog/Tiny Human Care - No matter the species of your beloved children, we help give you peace of mind while you’re at work with discounted child and/or dog daycare at two top-notch facilities within walking distance of our office.
- Paid Volunteer Time - We strive to give back to our community and we encourage our staff to do the same. Employees are allowed to take time off each year to participate in qualified charity work. Plus, the company will match qualified charitable contributions dollar-for-dollar up to $1,000 USD (or £750) per employee per calendar year.
- All the Learning - Are you an artist? Take part in our monthly life drawing sessions, or study up with a free Gnomon Workshop subscription. Programmer? Check out our GDC Vault subscription. And no matter what your specialty is, you can learn more about how different departments within Hi-Rez Studios work at our monthly lunch-and-learns.
- Buff Bucks - Get $100 a month to level up your wellness with BUFF Bucks. Gym memberships, yoga classes, dumbbells, however you stay healthy, Buff Bucks can help you do it.
- Swag! Discounts! - Wanna rep our games? Easy peasy -- we’ll give you free shirts and kick-butt discounts on all SMITE/Paladins merch. Oh, and about those discounts… if you like amusement parks, movies, shows, or travelling, we’ve got a bit of an employee hook-up.