Staff Software Engineer
Posted on 7/28/2022
Menlo Park, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Bioinformatics, or similar technical field
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering building testing infrastructure
- Strong in QA methodologies and demonstrated prior experience in SDET role
- Experience with AWS technologies
- Demonstrated experience with and track record of quickly learning new programming languages and technologies
- Attention to detail and consistency
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and the ability to adapt your message to the technical level of the audience
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- Interest in human biology and genetics (many software engineers on our team had no prior experience in the life science industry)
- Preferred skills:
- Strong to advance the utilization of AWS
- Setting up, maintaining, and executing automated tests on multiple application platforms, such as Mobile, Desktop, and Web
- Authoring test scenarios and acceptance tests
- Investigating customer problems referred to you by the technical support team, testing bugs, and creating and managing bug reports
- Working with cross-functional teams, resolving issues for systems, coordinating on product design, and offering inputs on the testability of functional elements and product designs
- Take an Automation first approach and integrate with SCM to enable continuous integration
- Managing the final quality on production release
Designs cancer screening tests
GRAIL's mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. They are working to change the trajectory of cancer mortality and bring stakeholders together to adopt innovative, safe, and effective technologies that can transform cancer care.
- Outstanding People - Join a team of passionate and dedicated professionals, committed to collaboration, education, and proactive problem-solving.
- Strong Compensation - We offer competitive salaries and savings plans to provide for long-term financial planning.
- Complete Health Coverage - Take advantage of comprehensive health coverage, with medical, dental and vision, to keep you and your family healthy.
- Work-Life Balance - Make everyday life more manageable with flexible time off – we trust you to do great work and take time for yourself.
- Grit - We are determined and resilient because patients are counting on us.
- Respect - We value diversity and challenge each other respectfully.
- Accountability - We own our decisions and keep our commitments.
- Integrity - We adhere to our principles of humility, transparency, and rigor.
- Leadership - We make each other better by making leadership everyone’s responsibility