Senior Counsel Intellectual Property
Posted on 3/15/2023
San Carlos, CA, USA
- Law degree (JD or equivalent) with excellent academic credentials and a license to practice in the state of California, or licensed in another state and registered as In-House Counsel in California
- Minimum of 10 plus years of relevant intellectual property and legal experience, including at least 3 years of in-house experience with a high tech or medical device company. Mechanical engineering, material science and software experience preferred
- Previous experience managing material science, hardware and software related intellectual property matters on a worldwide basis
- Educational background in mechanical engineering, material science and/or software engineering
- Provides legal support for IP protection worldwide, including oversight of the company's global patent and trademark portfolios
- Conducts patent searches and analyzes patent positions and prosecution strategies
- Establishes, administers, and patent submitted ideas program
- Oversees the patent committee process
- Establishes and maintains employee training relevant to IP management, importance of IP protection and trademark and patent programs
- Dockets and tracks patent and trademark related deadlines
- Interfaces with and manages global external patent and trademark counsel
- Works closely with the R&D, Engineering, Materials, and Operations groups to advance new product development activities and protect intellectual property interests
- Provides input on negotiating and drafting software, technology and IP related agreements
- Assists with IP litigation as needed
- Ensures compliance with company policies, legal, and regulatory requirements
- Other responsibilities as assigned
3D printing technology
Carbon is on a mission to enable creators everywhere to make what the world needs right now. Carbon develops 3D printing technology for enterprises.
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Gym Membership / Reimbursement
- PTO / Vacation Policy
- Paid Holidays
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- 401K / Retirement Plan
Company Core Values
- WE ARE AMBITIOUS - Be bold. Take risks.
- WE ARE INNOVATIVE - Innovate from diverse perspectives.
- WE HAVE INTEGRITY - Do what’s right.
- WE ARE COLLABORATIVE - Building together makes us better.
- WE ARE ACCOUNTABLE - Take ownership. Make it happen.