Principal Software Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Austin, TX, USA
- 8+ years of professional software engineering experience developing scalable, reliable system-level software in C++ or Java
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or in a related technical field
- Experience in setting technical direction for engineering projects
- Proven design, coding, and problem solving across several large-scale products/systems
- Ability to communicate complex technical architectures to individuals of various technical depth
- Strong foundation in multi-threaded and asynchronous patterns and their applications towards developing scalable systems
- Interested in and motivated to be part of a fast-moving startup with a fun and accomplished team
- Design, develop, test, and maintain innovative new features for Arctic's next-generation metastore
- Defining and implementing APIs
- Bring clarity and drive results for engineering projects
- Play a key role in open-minded explorations and prototyping
- Champion best practices, tools, and processes to deliver Arctic features efficiently
- Improve developer productivity through actionable feedback on code, product quality, and systems
- Develop technical strategies to realize Arctic's product vision
- Deliver an extensible and maintainable architecture that can quickly realize customer's needs
- Demonstrate responsibility, integrity, and empathy
- Excellent understanding of distributed file systems like S3, ADLS or HDFS
Data lake engine
Dremio’s leading the way to reimagine your data architecture. Removing barriers, accelerating time to insight, putting control in the hands of the user.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Stock Options
- Work From Home
- Office Events
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Paid Time Off
Company Core Values
- Communicate with clarity.
- Drive accountability.
- Be respectful.
- Confront brutal facts.
- Focus on results.
- Operate with urgency.
- Build a flywheel.