Cloud Architect, Remote US or Canada
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Francisco, CA, USA • San Jose, CA, USA
Development Operations (DevOps)
- 15+ years of engineering experience focused on application development
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Production-level experience developing cloud-native distributed systems processing high volumes of data at scale
- Expert proficiency with Python, intermediate-to-advanced proficiency with Golang
- Experience with Django or similar backend application development frameworks
- Comfortable with orchestration and cloud stack and technologies like k8s, kinesis, Kafka
- Solid knowledge of SQL and NoSQL database technologies at scale
- Good understanding of the SDLC ranging from architectural reviews, technical design deep dives, implementation, testing, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Experience collaborating with design, engineering and DevOps teams
- Familiarity with A/B testing, blue-green environments and canary deployments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in information security is a huge plus
- Requires a minimum of 15 years of related experience with a technical Bachelor's degree; or equivalent practical experience or 12 years and a technical Master's degree; or a Ph.D. with 8 years experience; or equivalent practical experience
- Achieve a deep knowledge of our product architecture, usage patterns, and real-world deployment scenarios to develop an understanding of which solutions will bring value to our customers
- Measure and improve scale and performance of the product using Splunk platform innovations, open-source, and cloud tools and technologies
- Take lead on projects with little to no additional direction from engineering/product leadership, drive and help track them to completion
- Partner with architecture, eng management, and product management on project requirements, designs, and development plans
- Help identify and develop ways to improve our team's efficiency by expanding on our existing tools and processes
- Collaborate with members of our team on the design and implementation of frameworks and backend components
- Keep product quality top of mind by creating automated tests for the software that you help create
- Become well versed in core Splunk technologies as they apply to application development
- Mentor junior engineers and interns as they develop their application development skills
Data management & visualization platform
Splunk's mission is to address the challenges and opportunities of managing massive streams of machine-generated big data. Splunk is the leading software platform for machine data that enables customers to gain real-time Operational Intelligence.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans for regular, full-time U.S. employees — choose the best plans for you and your family. Plus: Health Savings Account (HSA), Life insurance and survivor benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Business travel and accident insurance, Voluntary Critical Illness & Hospital Indemnity
- Eligible employees enjoy: 401(k) Plan with a company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Equity awards, Bonus or commission program
- We support you and your family: Paid parental leave, Mother rooms and wellness rooms, Family Planning
- Your work/life balance is important to us, that's why we offer: 16 company holidays, 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, 10 bereavement days, 5 volunteer days
- Ensuring our employees' success goes beyond insurance plans: Education reimbursement, Electric car charging stations, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Stocked kitchens, Gym discounts/onsite fitness centers, Pet insurance discount, Student loan resources, Cool workspace with collaborative environments, 529 College Savings Plan
- Innovative: We’re passionate about our customer success. We keep our energy laser-focused on giving our customers the best possible and most trustworthy experience, driven ultimately by integrity. After all, we’d be nothing without them.
- Open: We never stop learning or striving to create a positive impact. The work we do matters. We innovate at warp speed to disrupt the world's notion of what’s possible.
- Disruptive: We are humble and value openness and honesty. We speak our truths mindfully and in consideration of others. Candor is cool - respect is required.
- Fun: We embrace the ride (preferably in a Splunk t-shirt). We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We weave an irreverent and infectious sense of fun into everything we do.
- Passionate: We cultivate an inclusive environment where all backgrounds are celebrated. Striving for equity and embracing our individual uniqueness is our secret sauce. And it will only make us stronger.
- #WeAreSplunk: We represent many functions and regions but are one team. We value each other's efforts and moonshot ideas. And we celebrate highs, and learn from lows, together. We trust and rely on each other. Remember: There’s no “I” in Splunk.