Senior Software Engineer
Posted on 10/5/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA
- Bachelor's Degree, Computer Science Degree or equivalent from a fully-accredited college or university
- 4+ years Java programming experience
- Experience in other programming languages such as Kotlin
- Our core stack is Java/ Kotlin/ Spring / PostgreSQL/ React
- Deep understanding of relational databases including PostgreSQL with JPA/Hibernate
- Git-based distributed version control systems
- Agile-based project development in a micro-services environment
- Work and play well with others; SoFi is a collaborative environment
- Passion for solving complex problems
- Full development life-cycle design from project requirement to deployment
- Work on automation and improvement of data exchanges and data pipelines between internal and external teams
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, deliverables, and goals
- Lead cross-functional delivery teams to ensure deliverables are met
- Track project performance against defined milestones/goals
- Conduct process improvement projects to increase performance in vital program metrics
- Communicate ongoing project health with key stakeholders and business leadership
- Maintain strict compliance with established project management policies and guidelines
- Take initiative and produce timely results in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Make significant contributions to the code base
- Define best practices and uphold coding standards
- Consistently demonstrate extremely high levels of technical knowledge, ingenuity, and creativity. Develops and applies advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories, and concepts. Broad knowledge about the design and operation of systems outside of specialty
- Work within the Engineering team to develop features that specifically benefit our users
- Must be able to deliver high-quality code on schedule, communicate with groups in and outside the development team
- Good knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Knowledge in analytics, metrics, and monitoring integrations
- Test-driven development along with unit and integration testing
Lender and financial services provider
SoFi’s mission is to help people reach financial independence to realize their ambitions.
- You’re taken care of. SoFi employees receive comprehensive health, vision, dental, life insurance, and disability benefits—as well as flexible time off, fitness, fertility, and family planning options.
- Realize your ambitions. We want to help our employees achieve financial freedom, just like our members. That’s why we contribute $200 per month toward your student loans to help pay down your debt—plus free financial classes.
- Never stop learning. We offer frequent training, mentorship opportunities, and leadership programs to develop our people. We also cover tuition costs for approved programs, up to $5,250 per year.
Company Core Values
- Put our members’ interests first.
- Run after problems.
- Embrace diversity. Everyone should feel welcome, included and able to contribute.
- Get to the truth and make principle-based decisions.
- Make your footprint bigger than your foot.
- Do the right thing. If you’re not sure, do the harder thing.
- Set ambitious goals, be gritty, be accountable.
- Take care of other people and help them grow.
- Iterate, learn, innovate.
- Be SoFi missionaries.
- …and don’t forget to smile.