Quick take: Axios is a company dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring an entry-level Accounting Associate to join our team!
Why it matters: The Accounting Associate will be involved in the full-cycle accounts payable process. A successful candidate is a self-starter who works collaboratively and is solution-oriented; someone who will apply their accounting knowledge to a new challenge. This is a great role for someone early in their accounting career who is excited to contribute and learn in an evolving, fast-growth organization.
The details: In this role, you will make an impact to Axios through the following responsibilities:
- Onboard and set up new vendors in our payment system
- Upload and code vendor invoices, and process payments
- Manage the payment processing system, Bill.com
- Communicate with and maintain vendor relationships
- Respond to vendor inquiries to resolve payment issues
- Review and upload vendor contracts
- Perform accounts payable month-end close activities, including accounts payable, bank reconciliations, AP Accruals and journal entries preparation
- Document the end-to-end accounts payable process
- Assist with preparing annual 1099 forms
Go deeper: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
- 1-3 years of accounts payable experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to build relationships
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with Bill.com and Sage Intacct is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Classpass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Base salary for this role is in the range of $60,000-$70,000 and is dependent on numerous factors, including but not limited to location, work experience, and skills. This range does not include other compensation benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.