Strategic Finance Manager
Posted on 6/24/2021
San Francisco, CA, USA • Remote
- Embodies our EAGER valuesis ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable
- Has 5 to 7 years of experience in a top investment bank, management consulting firm, private equity firm, hedge fund, and/or tech company in a finance/strategy/business development role
- Ideally has formal training in financial and/or accounting concepts
- Displays a high level of genuine curiosity about our business, asks lots of questions, and exhibits eagerness to learn
- Has high aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem-solving that uses financial modeling, including strong skills with spreadsheets
- Has excellent verbal and written communication, including skills in PowerPoint or Google Slides
- Preferably is experienced with SaaS and/or enterprise software business models
- Assist in forecasting our gross bookings by providing insights into our customer base to optimize our growth and performance
- Play a key role in creating board materials, investor materials, and other ad hoc strategic projects
- Partner with business leaders in their strategic decision-making by providing key performance indicators and analyses
- Support business performance reporting through the preparation of internal and external reporting packages
- Promote thought leadership in process improvement to scale forecasting and reporting tools, procedures, and methodologies
- Comfort handling large sets of data (including experience with SQL)
- Familiarity with financial planning tools (e.g., Adaptive, Anaplan, and Hyperion)
AI-powered writing assistant
Grammarly is on a mission to improve lives by improving communication. The company operates a browser extension and app that corrects spelling & grammar.
- Free food
- Company Social Outings
- Work From Home Policy
- Unique Office Space
- Health & Wellness Package
- Paid Time Off
- 401K / Retirement Plan
Company Core Values
- Ethical: Be honorable and earn trust by doing the right thing even when no one is watching, every time.
- Adaptable: Embrace change to evolve and succeed, with a positive, problem-solving attitude.
- Gritty: Achieve with passion and perseverance for goals, by doing whatever it takes to get the job done, whenever it’s necessary.
- Empathetic: Treat others as they want to be treated to work well together, by actively listening to put yourself in their shoes and then responding accordingly.
- Remarkable: Always be learning to develop quickly and be exceptional yet humble, by continually seeking out mentors and learning opportunities.