Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Remote • United States
- Build relationships with leaders to implement user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed
- Bring a deep expertise in Design (frameworks, interaction models, prototypes, research)
- Think big, framing designs in the context of the broader customer experience, and are equally comfortable diving deep into the details
- Comfortable navigating from ambiguity to clarity
- Proactively plan ahead, look around corners, and can see the next step
- Develop processes and Identify opportunities for improvements that drive quality and efficiency to help designers accomplish more than what they could otherwise
- Identify product features and influence business strategy based on an accurate understanding of the needs and expectations of our users, customers, and partners
- A role model, mentor, and motivator of other designers: You are invested in growing people, developing talent, and creating an environment designers are proud to be part of
- Design managers are artistic and creative, familiar with design quality and the strategies involved in creating good designs
- Wise decision maker and prioritize effectively
- Experience working on social or consumer-facing products across multiple platforms (desktop and mobile)
- Problem solver who can be effective in situations with limited information
- Strong communication skills as the position requires working closely with other leaders in engineering, product, and presenting to executive sponsors
- Humble and motivated to ship the best product; you're always thinking about how to improve the experience for the end user
- Aesthetic and Functional innovation - you will introduce innovation into every project you manage, thinking of new ways to create unique designs that have meaningful impacts on users
- Team management - since you manage a team of multiple designers, you should be able to manage and resolve conflict between individual team members and between different teams
- Leadership - you are a good leader who is able to deliver clear feedback to your team members
- Deadline management - you ensure team and project deadlines are met
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship to a team of Product Designers. Provide thought leadership across diverse products on the platform
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
Company Core Values
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.