Paint Shop Measurement Technician
Posted on 12/28/2022
Normal, IL, USA
- Must be able to work independently and be productive without direct supervision
- Must have at least intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Previous or current experience in a Paint Quality role and/or experience using paint measurement equipment is preferred
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be capable of multi-tasking
- Must have good written and communication skills
- Must be well organized and attentive to details
- Ability to stand for 8-12 hours per day
- Required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Ability to lift and carry at least 25 pounds
- Ability to perform all duties in a working environment that may contain dust, high noise levels, hot and cold weather
- Perform measurements of painted vehicles and parts as directed by the paint measurement sampling plan established by Paint Quality Engineering department
- Understand basic Paint measurement methodology such as Film-build, Gloss, DOI, Color, Surface Roughness, Oven Cure, etc
- Gain proficiency with specialized measurement equipment software and uploading the measurement results
- Perform Spray Booth - Booth Balance measurements such as downdraft, cross-draft, etc
- Perform Paint Shop - Dirt particle counts
- Perform defect measurement collection, including calculation of DPU, FPY, etc
- Maintain Paint Measurement equipment and perform regular calibrations
- Input data into daily sampling report templates
- Assist with data collection or quality inspections related to process improvement trials conducted by Paint Process Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team