What You’ll Do
Samsung Semiconductor Innovation Center (SSIC) drives long-term growth strategy and new business creation for Samsung Device Solutions including M&A, investments, and partnerships. Our sectors of interest span all aspects of Semiconductors (Memory, Logic, and Foundry) as well as end markets (Data Center and Cloud, Networking, 5G, Automotive, Mobile, and IoT).
The Corporate Development role in Samsung Semiconductor Innovation Center (SSIC) is responsible for the end-to-end process of driving transformative corporate development transactions that create investor value. SSIC evaluates, analyzes and implements Samsung Semiconductor’s M&A and strategic investments to enable profitable growth and earnings accretion. Sectors of interest include semiconductor components and manufacturing, as well as end markets including Data Center and Cloud, Networking, 5G, Automotive, Mobile, and IoT.
Location: Onsite at our San Jose office 5 days a week
Job ID: 40711
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop strategic analysis and thematic investment ideas across a range of topics
- Support development of investment theses based on disruptive technology and market opportunities
- Prepare data-driven financial valuation and develop financial models using both public and proprietary sources
- Support execution of M&A process including due diligence on potential targets, identifying revenue and cost synergies, and review of definitive agreements
- Discover and evaluate startup investment targets to bring quality acquisition and investment ideas to the team
- Help build consensus with key stakeholders
What You’ll Bring
- 1-2 years prior work experience in an investment banking or equity research function
- B.S. in Finance or STEM preferred; demonstrated interest in technology strongly preferred
- Strong financial modeling and valuation expertise
- Ability to produce clear and professional presentation documents
- You’re inclusive, adapting your style to the situation and diverse global norms of our people.
- An avid learner, you approach challenges with curiosity and resilience, seeking data to help build understanding.
- You’re collaborative, building relationships, humbly offering support and openly welcoming approaches.