Staff Software Engineer
Posted on 4/16/2022
Austin, TX, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- 6+ years of experience as a Search, Data, or Software Engineer developing production code
- Strong understanding of search and relevance techniques
- Experience with Solr, Elasticsearch or similar technologies
- Experience with setting up, maintaining, and debugging production systems and infrastructure
- Results-oriented with a strong customer and business focus
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, innovative, biased towards action in fast-paced environments
- Able to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences
- Able to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems
- Architect and implement the search infrastructure at Reddit
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, develop, qa, experiment, analyze, and deploy
- Collaborate across disciplines to find technical solutions to complex challenges
- Identify and surface the best discussions and content across some of the Internet's largest communities
- Dig into how Reddit's customer behavior is unique and go beyond generic relevance algorithms
- Experiment, improve, and optimize search results to empower Reddit's users
- Work closely with partner teams to help drive search as a platform and power products across the engineering organization
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
Company Core Values
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.