Aledade is looking for a passionate and talented Lead Experience Designer to envision and design products and services that help transform primary health care in the US to truly patient-centered, proactive, equitable value-based care.
Our Experience Design & Research (XDR) team is responsible for the design of transformative human centered products, services, and end-to-end experiences for the people we serve in hundreds of independent primary care practices and community health centers across the US.
This particular role will serve as a Lead Experience Designer focused on the operations and services that enable us to help close to 2000 primary care & community health practice partners across the US learn about and navigate the transformational journey to successful value-based patient care. This work spans practice onboarding, facilitating learning and adoption of continuously evolving value based health care workflows and programs, and monitoring practice performance and operations.
This critical and challenging work requires a dual focus on the “backstage” experiences and work of our internal field & operational teams who support, coach and serve the practices AND the “frontstage” learning and operational experiences of the primary care practice themselves.
You’ll help lead and execute critical application/service design workstreams – formulating sound experience strategies, envisioning end-to-end experiences and journeys, and designing & prototyping innovative, effective, compelling, and delightful end-to-end (digital and non-digital) solutions and experiences. You’ll collaborate with other members of our Experience Design & Research team, operations teams, field teams, practice learning team, and people in the practices we serve.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years of professional experience in product and service design
- 2+ years of direct experience in healthcare or a comparable industry designing data-driven decision support and workflow applications and services
- Demonstrated experience and skill in leading, facilitating, & executing complex, iterative design work streams that span digital and non-digital touchpoints with diverse stakeholders of varying degrees of familiarity with design
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and deliver quality designs working closely with cross functional, agile product development teams
- Demonstrated expertise in multiple facets of human centered design with deep expertise in two or more critical skills (e.g., interaction/application design, service design, design research, etc.)
- Fluency and skill with a variety of design related tools (e.g., Figma, Miro, etc.)
- Understanding of and commitment to inclusive and accessible design
- Excellent communication, facilitation, consulting, and organizational navigation skills
- Plan, lead, and execute experience design work-streams to support key operational and service processes and initiatives and accelerate practice transformation and adoption
- Assess, map, and envision end-to-end experiences, journeys and solutions that blend digital and human touchpoints to support, build upon, and/or transform existing operational workflows and accelerate the adoption of value based care workflows and approaches
- Create & refine design artifacts (e.g., journey maps, service blueprints, storyboards, experience flows, interactive wireframes, content designs, visual design mockups/assets, etc.)
- Collaborate on and apply insights from experience research to ground design solutions in an understanding of the motivations, needs, and behaviors of diverse target users
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to inform product design and facilitate human centered, agile design, development, and delivery
- Collaborate with other Experience Design & Research team leaders and cross functional partners/stakeholders (medical leaders, clinical SMEs, product managers, data scientists, engineers/architects, field support teams, network success teams, etc.) to facilitate human centered, agile design and development
- Help define XDR methods, playbook, and best practices
- Contribute to an accessible, inclusive, and effective experience design system and pattern & asset library
All prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated, including booster shots, against COVID-19 with a COVID-19 vaccine for which the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has issued a license or an Emergency Use Authorization prior to mutually-agreed upon start date at Aledade, unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement.
If you are passionate about transforming the healthcare system into one that best serves the needs of patients, doctors, and society, we’d love for you to join us!
Who We Are:
Aledade is a leader in population health that is using innovative, value based solutions to transform the way physicians interact with their patients. We are on a mission to change healthcare for the better and solve complex problems within the healthcare system.
We follow the simple but radical idea that Aledade only succeeds when our partner practices succeed. From our cutting-edge technology platform to practice transformation services, we provide physicians with everything they need to create and run an accountable care organization (ACO
), revamping the way they practice and getting them back to where they should be: quarterbacking their patients’ health care!
Our customized solutions help clinicians in communities across America preserve their autonomy, deliver better care to their patients, reduce overall costs, and keep independent physician practices flourishing.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness, and a desire to learn. You will work with team members that bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs, and achievements to their work, united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
We’ve recently been recognized as a Top Workplace by The Washington Post, Best Workplace in HealthCare & Biopharma, Top 100 Best Small & Medium Workplaces, Glassdoor Best Places to Work, a Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation, a Tech Tribune 10 Best Tech Startups in Maryland and Bethesda, Best Tech for Good, Best Workplaces for Millennials, Best Workplaces for Women, Best Workplaces for Parents, Top Workplaces USA, and a Healthcare Industry Top Workplace.
That’s because the things that matter to you also matter to us!
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the needs of our full-time team-members:
Flexible work schedules and ability to work remotely available for many roles
Educational Assistant Program
Robust time off plan (21 days of PTO in your first year!)
Paid Volunteer Days
11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners
401(k) with up to 4% match
Monthly cell phone stipend
Jeans everyday workplace
Gender neutral bathrooms
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.