We’re looking for a Director of Customer Experience to join our team in Brooklyn, NY. Reporting to our VP of Customer Experience, you’ll lead our support function and partner cross-functionally to ensure we keep our customers at the center of everything we do. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
This role is based in Brooklyn, NY, and we have a 2 days in/3 days remote schedule.
What you’ll do
- Own and execute all day to day staffing and support efforts across email, phone, chat, and social/community
- Lead and mentor 5+ direct reports; in addition to developing direct reports, and continue to iterate on the roles, responsibilities, and growth frameworks we have in place today
- Own and manage our BPO relationship including all staffing, forecasting, and performance management
- Support strategy, reporting, and SLAs
- Collaborate with Customer Experience Leads to inform strategic needs through L&D, Knowledge, QA, and CX Operations
- Partner cross functionally to advocate for the best customer experience possible across all sales channels and ensure functional decisions outside of CX are made with the customer in mind
We’re looking for someone who brings
- 8+ years of experience in customer experience; retail, wholesale, and ecommerce experience is a plus
- 5+ years prior management and team leadership experience; someone who has mentored and developed past reports is a must
- Exceptional analytical skills; a track record of improving customer experience KPIs in previous roles
- Prior experience scaling an in-house and BPO team; experience leading training efforts
- The ability to execute and influence across the organization
- Passion for the Brooklinen story, product, and customer, and a vision for how we can continue to create an above and beyond customer experience
Compensation & Benefits
At Brooklinen, our goal is to offer a competitive total compensation package which we determine based on specific market data taking into account our company size, stage, industry, and location. The base salary range for this role is between $140,000 - $160,000.
Beyond base salary, we contribute significantly to offset the cost of health benefits, offer a 401K with a 4% Safe Harbour match, grant a $1K annual wellness bonus, have commuter benefits, and also provide a yearly product allowance.
We have 14 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents, year-long Summer Fridays, a workday that starts at 10 am, four weeks of vacation, and a one-month paid sabbatical at your 5th anniversary.
Most importantly of all, our HQ hires receive competitive equity grants. We would be happy to tell you more about this and how to value this part of compensation during our interview process.
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard but are well-rounded and well-rested. Hanging with coworkers is encouraged. So is taking a vacation, getting a great night’s sleep (our day starts at 10 am), and getting out of here at a reasonable time (we have year-long summer Fridays that end at 3 pm).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- Hybrid work - our HQ team has 2 days in and 3 days remote schedule.
- And don’t just take our word for it! We’re honored to be recognized by various industry tastemakers for the work we’ve put into our culture and employee engagement, including accolades from LinkedIn Top Startups (in 2020 and 2021!), Inc.’s Best Workplaces and Forbes Best Startup Employers in America (in 2022 and 2023!).
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how we’ve done so far and where we know we need to do better.
Brooklinen, home of The Internet’s Favorite Sheets, was founded in 2014 with one goal in mind: We want you to be comfortable.
We believe everyone deserves beautiful home essentials, and our approach to provide these is simple: Create high-quality products using the finest materials – from bedding to towels and everything in between – and offer these products directly to our customers (without the luxury markup!). As we’ve expanded beyond the bedroom, introducing bath goods, accessories, loungewear, our Spaces marketplace and IRL retail stores (with many more opening in 2022 and beyond!), our goal of keeping you comfortable has remained at the forefront.
We take pride in our products and think you will, too: Our sheets, towels and more have received over 100,000 5-star reviews and been recognized by numerous industry tastemakers such as Apartment Therapy, Good Housekeeping, The New York Times’ Wirecutter and many more.