Design Program Manager
Posted on 11/16/2022
Palo Alto, CA, USA
- 10+ years of experience in project/program management, working closely with creatives (i.e. designers, copywriters, strategists), product managers, engineering, stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in and understanding of digital production, UX research, UX design and customer journey development
- Demonstrated track record of establishing systems, and programmatic approaches to organizational challenges that are flexible in execution
- You know how to balance long-term strategic thinking and near-term execution
- Proven experience managing complex programs and/or multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to operate effectively in ambiguity and a willingness to pivot as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and superior organizational skills
- Ability to work as well independently as within a team
- Proficient in Jira, Confluence, Figma, Asana, Slack, Microsoft Suite
- Collaborate with Studio leadership to define operational properties across design, planning, reporting, risk management and resource management
- Partner with Associate Creative Director to establish a bridge between design, engineering, product management and marketing teams by ensuring interdependencies are understood and planned for
- Assess and improve flows of communication from working teams up to design leadership and outward to cross-functional partners
- Drive large initiatives and align stakeholders across different teams, including senior leadership and executives
- Develop and manage extensive program roadmaps, timelines, and communications across vertical programs spanning across multiple channels and products functions
- Communicate and negotiate priorities, scope, expectations, dates, and milestones with cross functional team members, including product management, engineering, quality assurance, and senior leadership and executives
- Manage end-to-end program and project lifecycle from prioritization, briefing, creative development, delivery, VQA, to post launch maintenance and iteration
- Creates a plan around team health for the design team (lunch & learns, speaker series, workshops, etc.) and collaboration with cross-functional partners (work sessions, retros, etc.)
- Partner with finance and the supplier team on budget forecasting and freelancer and or vendor contracts
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team