Staff Software Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Canada • Remote
- 8+ years of industry experience in building large scale production systems
- Experience building and owning large-scale stream processing systems
- Experience building and operating robust and highly available infrastructure
- Working knowledge of Relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience working with Data Warehouse solutions
- Experience building out statistical analysis tooling
- Experience leading technical projects and mentoring junior engineers
- Exceptionally collaborative with a history of delivering complex technical projects and working closely with stakeholders
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field
- Architect stream processing features to execute on our ambitious event driven ecosystem
- Develop robust, well-instrumented stream processing data pipelines that can scale to handle Affirm's future growth and adhere to strict SLAs
- Design and build experimentation infrastructure and tooling to evaluate new Affirm products and initiatives that securely scale over millions of users and their transactions
- Improve the reliability and efficiency of our core data processing systems
- Develop data processing systems using MapReduce and Spark
- Work cross-functionally with various engineering, data science and analytics teams to identify and execute on new opportunities in experimentation
- Provide low-latency robust statistical analysis and visualization tooling for stakeholders in various functions
Point of sale installment loans for consumers
Affirm seeks to deliver honest financial products—to improve lives. The company operates a buy-now-pay-later platform for consumers at the point of sale.
- Spending wallets: Access tech, food, lifestyle, and family planning wallets for your expenses
- Supportive communities: Get involved with our employee resource groups and community groups
- Remote-first workforce: If your role is remote, you can set up shop anywhere in your home country
- Generous time off: Take the time you need when life happens
- Health benefits: Get a plan that fits your needs
- Mental healthcare: Take care of your mind with great mental health programs
- Parental leave: Birth and non-birth parents get 18 weeks paid leave. Plus, a 4-week return-to-work transition program, at full base pay.
- Compensation: We have a simple, flexible, and transparent remote-first compensation structure so you can make the best decisions for yourself and your family.
- Away days: We offer 24 company-wide paid days off—which help our teams collectively pause to recharge.
- Learning & development: Engage in exciting learning programs to level up your growth.
Company Core Values
- People come first: We consider our impact on people’s lives before we think about our own interests.
- No fine print: We are completely transparent and honest—with our customers and with each other.
- It's on us: We take full accountability for our actions, never shirking responsibility or passing the buck.
- Simpler is better: We make complex things simple and clear.
- Push the envelope: We never stop innovating, taking smart risks, and raising the bar.