Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first global mental health solution to offer employees access to one-on-one, group, and self-serve digital resources for their emotional, professional, social, financial, and physical well-being needs—all within a single platform. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 330+ global companies like Lyft, Electronic Arts, Pixar, Clif Bar, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status.
We tripled our headcount in 2021 and as a hyper-growth company with a fully remote workforce, we prioritize our people-first culture (winning awards including Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021). To protect our culture and help our team stay connected, we require overlapping hours for everyone. While many roles may function from anywhere in the world—see individual job listing for more—team members who live outside the Pacific time zone must be comfortable working early in the morning or late at night; all full-time employees must work at least six hours between 8 am and 5 pm Pacific time each workday.
We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission. An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about a role, we’d love to hear from you!
You’ll join our product marketing team to support Modern Health’s largest customers. These customers have distinct needs and expectations when it comes to mental health care for their diverse, global workforces.
You will be the “glue” between our Product, Care, Sales, Client Success, and Marketing teams to ensure clear go-to-market positioning around Modern Health’s extended suite of care offerings. You will drive go-to-market execution for product launches, manage ongoing competitive analysis, and develop key resources to enable our Sales & CS teams. In this role, you will be the expert on understanding multiple personas, developing compelling messaging, and coordinating distribution across various channels. You’re a natural storyteller with a track record of crafting compelling messaging across different audience segments. You are a self-starter, organized, highly collaborative, thrive in fast-paced environments, and enjoy taking on multiple high-priority projects.
This role will report into our Director of Product Marketing, who you will partner with to determine key launches and strategic areas of focus. We’re committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Hawaii.
What You’ll Do-
- Drive complex cross-functional go-to-market launches for enterprise offerings: Develop positioning, create collateral, and execute campaigns to hit launch goals (build awareness, adoption, etc.)
- Engage in timely ongoing market research to understand the competitive landscape, and be a resource for competitive insights to support Sales, Client Success, and Marketing teams
- Develop sales enablement collateral and content that communicates the value of our products and differentiates it in the market, including: presentations, FAQs, flyers, workshops, videos, online content, competitive battlecards or trainings, etc
- Own distribution of roadmap updates to the whole company on a regular cadence
- Partner cross-functionally with demand gen, customer marketing, growth, PR, and brand teams to develop and launch marketing campaigns to generate awareness and demand
- Be a liaison to support the Voice of Customer initiative to continuously surface insights from our customers and users to our Product and Care teams
Who You Are-
- 5+ years of proven experience as a B2B marketer, preferably in Healthcare
- You have the ability to distill complex information into understandable, actionable, persuasive assets
- You have an eye for detail to successfully manage moving pieces across a number of cross-functional projects with a sense of urgency
- You are customer-centric with experience in generating qualitative and quantitative insights and using those insights to inform your marketing strategies
- You’re a natural storyteller with a track record of crafting compelling messaging across different audience segments
- You thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment where launches happen often — not once or twice a year
- You’re a self-starter and reliable team player with the ability to deliver quality projects on time
- Experience in the healthcare, HR, or employer benefits space is a plus
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance (Modern Health offers 100% coverage for employees and 75% of dependent insurance premiums)
- High deductible health plan option with health savings account
- Access to Coaches and Therapists through Modern Health’s platform
- Flexible PTO
- Company-wide mental health days
- Unlimited career growth opportunity
- Parental leave policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial planning through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Annual Wellness Stipend to use on items that promote your overall well being
- ModSquad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more
Equal Pay for Equal Work Act Information
Please refer to the ranges below to find the starting annual pay range for individuals applying to work remotely from the following locations for this role.Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. Ranges are not necessarily indicative of the associated starting pay range in other locations. Full-time employees are also eligible for Modern Health’s equity program and incredible benefits package. See our Careers page for more information.
Depending on the scope of the role, some ranges are indicative of On Target Earnings (OTE) and includes both base pay and commission at 100% achievement of established targets.
San Francisco Bay Area
All Other California Locations
New York City
All Other New York Locations
All Other Washington Locations
Below, we are asking you to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). While we are required by law to ask these questions in the format provided by the EEOC, at Modern Health we know that gender is not binary, and we recognize that these categories do not reflect our employees’ full range of identities.