Cellular Senior Engineer
5G/4G Field/IOT Log Analysis Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Diego, CA, USA
- Bachelors with 5+ years of relevant industry experience, or Masters with 3+ years or PhD with 0 years in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field preferred
- Deep understanding of various modem protocol layer stack - L1, MAC, RRC, PDCP for LTE/5G
- In-depth knowledge of LTE/5G NR NSA/SA features
- Strong understanding of IMS protocol and VoWifi call flow
- Ability to drive and resolve end to end system performance and functional issues by collaborating with software team
- Hands-on experience in mobile device testing/failure analysis during IOT or field for at least 2-3 years
- Experience with PDC, F4L, DFIT test scenarios
- Ability to work in a team environment with cross-team coordination and challenging schedules
- Strong problem solving skills. Ability to take ownership and bring innovations in test methodology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience of field test management or IOT execution/analysis is preferred
- Familiarity with US chipset and device carrier certification process is desired
- Preferred degrees in Electronics, Communication, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications
- You're inclusive, adapting your style to the situation and diverse global norms of our people
- An avid learner, you approach challenges with curiosity and resilience, seeking data to help build understanding
- You're collaborative, building relationships, humbly offering support and openly welcoming approaches
- Innovative and creative, you proactively explore new ideas and adapt quickly to change
- Support log analysis for field certification, performance test and lab IOT activities for US carriers (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Dish)
- Take responsibility of field/IOT test execution, analyze failure logs and track issues until they are resolved. Strong communications skills and cross-functional collaboration needed
- Plan innovative test scenarios to uncover critical modem issues. Identify KPIs to improve modem performance especially for LTE and 5G technologies
- Send reports to executive level to outline current status and to escalate any critical issues
One of the world's largest producers of electronic devices
Samsung's mission is to devote its talent and technology to creating superior products and services that contribute to a better global society. Samsung produces a wide range of electronic devices and is ranked as a top 10 global brand.
- Comprehensive healthcare: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee assistance program, Telehealth services
- Work life success: PTO, FlexTime, FlexPlace, FlexYourFriday
- Financial wellness: Health savings account, Flexible spending acounts, 401(k), Student loan support, Tuition assistance
- Family first: Pregnancy support, Adoption assistance program, Paid child caregiver leave, Milk stork, WINFertility
- Incentives: Fitness reimbursement, Annual physical. Preventative screenings, Lifestyle management
Company Core Values
- People: Quite simply, a company is its people. At Samsung, we’re dedicated to giving our people a wealth of opportunities to reach their full potential.
- Excellence: Everything we do at Samsung is driven by an unyielding passion for excellence and an unfaltering commitment to develop the best products and services on the market
- Change: As we have done since our foundation, we set our sights on the future, anticipating market needs and demands so we can steer our company toward long-term success.
- Integrity: Operating in an ethical way is the foundation of our business. Everything we do is guided by a moral compass that ensures fairness, respect for all stakeholders and complete transparency.
- Co-prosperity: Samsung is committed to becoming a socially and environmentally responsible corporate citizen in all of its communities worldwide.