About Clear Street:
Clear Street is building modern infrastructure for capital markets. Founded in 2018 by top Wall Street and Silicon Valley veterans, Clear Street is an independent, non-bank prime broker designed to solve the industry’s most neglected problem: legacy technology.
We have built a proprietary, cloud-native clearing and custody system from the ground floor to replace the outdated infrastructure used across capital markets. Our platform is fully integrated with central clearing houses and exchanges to support billions in trading volume per day. We’ve agonized about our data model abstractions, created horizontal scalability, and crafted thoughtful APIs. All so we can provide a best-in-class experience for our clients.
By combining highly-skilled product and engineering talent with seasoned finance professionals, we’re building the essentials to compete in today’s fast-paced markets.
- You will build highly efficient and intuitive applications through web-based interfaces for our internal customers
- You will work closely with backend engineers to define the optimal API surface for your product
- You will monitor and collect usage statistics on your products and improve them iteratively
- You will create end-to-end tests to validate UI functionality
The ops-eng team is a full stack team responsible for making the lives of the operations team more efficient / enjoyable. This involves a deep curiosity for learning the domain, identifying existing and potential friction points and developing simple, effective solutions to those problems. The team maintains a full stack SPA frontend and interacts with a number of engineering teams at CLST to source / sink relevant data.
- You have 6+ years of experience building front-ends using React
- Experience building highly dynamic and interactive applications
- Experience building Single Page Applications (SPA) or cross-platform applications with tools such as Electron, Meteor, and React Native
- Experience with databases, such as Postgres or MongoDB, and are able to create RESTful or RPC endpoints to integrate with me
Tech Stack: Node.js, React, AWS Cloud, Elasticsearch, MongoDB
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference.
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features.
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology.
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks.
The Senior Level Base Salary Range is $170,000 - $240,000. These ranges are representative of the starting base salaries for this role at Clear Street. Which range a candidate fits into and where a candidate falls in the range will be based on job related factors such as relevant experience, skills, and location. These ranges represent Base Salary only, which is just one element of Clear Street’s total compensation. The ranges stated do not include other factors of total compensation such as bonuses or equity.
At Clear Street, we offer competitive compensation packages, company equity, 401k matching, gender neutral parental leave, and full medical, dental and vision insurance. Our belief has always been that we are better as a business when we are all together in person. As such, beginning on January 2, 2023, we are requiring employees to be in the office 4 days per week. In-office benefits include lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchens, happy hours, a great location, and amazing views.
Our top priority is our people. We’re continuously investing in a culture that promotes collaboration. We help each other through challenges and celebrate each other’s successes. We believe that modern workplaces succeed by virtue of having high-performance workforces that are diverse — in ideas, in cultures, and in experiences. We put in the effort to make such a workplace a daily reality and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.