Materials Engineering Intern
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Hayward, CA, USA
- Co-op A: January-August (Spring/Summer)
- Masters/PhD candidate or recent graduate in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, materials science, physics, chemistry, or a related field
- Foundational understanding of electrochemistry and mechanics of solid state battery materials, including common failure modes and design principles
- Hands-on laboratory experience including coin or (preferably) pouch cell building, electrochemical evaluation, materials characterization, and data analytics
- Experience with lab-based processing methods including mixing, coating, calendaring, and cell assembly
- Strong motivation and enthusiasm to be at the forefront of next-generation battery development
- A learning mindset and collaborative approach to solving problems
- Develop and validate cell components (cathode, anode, electrolyte) and processes for next- generation solid state battery cells
- Design and execute experiments using statistical and machine learning methodologies
- Characterize materials and cells using advanced analytical techniques
- Contribute to cell design strategy by pursuing a balance in performance, cost, and availability
- Collaborate with and learn from a powerhouse team of materials engineers, design and simulation engineers, and data scientists to accelerate learning cycles and optimization of cell designs
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team