Manager – Powertrain Systems
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Carlos, CA, USA
- Deep technical knowledge of electric vehicle systems and subsystems including designs, modeling and simulation, manufacturing, materials, chemistries, and electronics
- Experience with high voltage power distribution architectures
- BS or MS in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience (EE or Mechatronics, preferably)
- Experience: 10+ years of engineering plus 5+ years of people management
- Demonstrated release of hardware products that depend on firmware/software
- Hardware and software integration experience: project planning, bring-up, deploy and sustaining
- Track record in managing complex cross-functional projects
- Demonstrated ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience
- Tools: JIRA, Confluence, Polarion, Google Suite, 3DX, Reliasoft
- Develop, deploy and improve the technology development processes and functions for the company within the powertrain system domain
- Lead technical system design review of battery, BMS, and cells
- Timely containment and resolution of technical issues
- Review and approve requisite documentation (Reports, BOMs, Drawings, test reports, etc…)
- Mentor, train, and develop engineering managers
- Approval of budget, resource planning, and scheduling
- Update job knowledge by remaining current on codes and requirements; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations
- Experience with automotive functional safety (ISO26262) standards, EE HW reliability life calculations and system FMEA analysis
- Experience with automotive EE system-level communication(CAN, LIN)
- Understanding of Lithium-Ion degradation and failure modes/mechanisms
- Understanding concepts of electromagnetic compatibility/interference
- Six Sigma training or specific problem-solving methodologies (PPS, A0, 8D, etc)
Self driving car robotics company
Zoox is reinventing personal transportation—making the future safer, cleaner, and more enjoyable for everyone. The company is building the infrastructure for self-driving cars.
- Health Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Sick Days
- Free Lunch or Snacks
- Employee Assitance Program
Company Core Values
- We're doing one thing that will change everything.
- It's bigger than any of us.
- One Zoox, one crew.
- Every day is a milestone.