Classifier/Assay Research and Development
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Menlo Park, CA, USA
- M.S. or Ph.D. in bioinformatics, computational biology, statistics, biological sciences, cancer biology, genetics, genomics, computer science, physics, engineering, mathematics, or equivalent preparation and experience
- Familiarity with genomics and next generation sequencing
- Proven expertise in at least one programming language (such as R, Python, or Go) and proficiency within a Linux environment
- Preferred, familiarity with git or other version control systems
- Knowledge of statistical and machine learning tools and their application to genomics datasets
- Being self-directed with the ability to multitask in a sophisticated environment
- Capacity to thrive in a highly team-driven environment with a strong collaborative mentality
- Desire to teach and learn from others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort working with cloud-based systems such as G-Suite and AWS
- Design and implement computational methods to identify and exploit opportunities to improve assay and classifier performance
- Collaborate closely with assay scientists to plan experimental studies and interpret results
- Work with a team of versatile bioinformaticians and data scientists to apply machine learning and statistical methods to large, sophisticated genomics datasets to generate biological insights
- Present project updates and results regularly at technical meetings
- Interact cross-functionally with other teams including software, clinical, operations, research, product development, and external collaborators
Designs cancer screening tests
GRAIL's mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. They are working to change the trajectory of cancer mortality and bring stakeholders together to adopt innovative, safe, and effective technologies that can transform cancer care.
- Outstanding People - Join a team of passionate and dedicated professionals, committed to collaboration, education, and proactive problem-solving.
- Strong Compensation - We offer competitive salaries and savings plans to provide for long-term financial planning.
- Complete Health Coverage - Take advantage of comprehensive health coverage, with medical, dental and vision, to keep you and your family healthy.
- Work-Life Balance - Make everyday life more manageable with flexible time off – we trust you to do great work and take time for yourself.
- Grit - We are determined and resilient because patients are counting on us.
- Respect - We value diversity and challenge each other respectfully.
- Accountability - We own our decisions and keep our commitments.
- Integrity - We adhere to our principles of humility, transparency, and rigor.
- Leadership - We make each other better by making leadership everyone’s responsibility