The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
You will be the dedicated Scrum Master for three Scrum teams. You can differentiate whether an organization is doing mechanical Scrum or is upholding the values and increasing organizational agility. You demonstrate initiative, accountability, personal agility, lean thinking, and have the ability to influence and inspire others.
You have strong facilitation skills and will facilitate the Scrum events. You will foster collaborative relationships across product and technology, and demonstrate servant leadership. You promote and demonstrate psychological safety in the workplace such that people and teams can thrive.
You have a passion for agile methodologies and enjoy providing guidance and putting in place the events and roles clarity necessary for getting Scrum started. You have experience in helping your Scrum Teams grow in maturity and continuously improve their maturity over time by adhering to the Scrum values. You welcome the challenge of working with complexity in a scaled environment.
A day in the life could include:
- Ensuring that all Scrum events (including a Scrum of Scrums) take place and are positive and productive
- Coaching the Scrum team in self-management, forecasting and planning; including the use of appropriate tools
- Helping the Scrum team in Sprint Planning by empowering team members to right size and sequence work and define testing scenarios
- Helping the Scrum team focus on creating high-value Increments that meet the Definition of Done
- Helping the Scrum Team understand the need for clear and concise Product Backlog items and guiding them to achieve this
- Identifying and working in collaboration to remove Scrum Team success blockers, which may include cross-team dependencies mitigation
- Gathering team level metrics for forecasting, planning and continuous improvement
- Facilitating stakeholder collaboration and facilitating release planning efforts as requested or needed
- Participation in our Scrum Guild (community of practice) which focuses on improving agile maturity organizationally
- Partnering with our Senior Scrum Masters and Agile Coaches to continuously improve your Scrum Team’s agile values, mindset and practices
- Collaborating with fellow scrum masters to maintain a consistent approach to Scrum as needed
- Comfortable using workflow tools such as Github Issues, Asana and Jira
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- Proactive self-starter with excellent time-management, communication and organizational skills
- 2+ years of experience as a Scrum Master in a software environment
- Strong understanding of Agile principles and methodologies
- Ability to facilitate workshops, coach and mentor dedicated scrum teams
- Strong ability to influence, engage and inspire others to drive collaboration and alignment within scrum teams
- Knowledge of industry-wide practices and technologies
- Experience using Agile tools
- Experience working with Scrum Teams
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO policy
- Remote work
- Generous equity package
- 401K with company match
- Parental leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn’t budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don’t just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Kin encourages applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.