A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we’d love for you to join us.
As a DevOps Engineer on Palantir’s Identity team, you will design, build and manage identity infrastructure and tooling. You will make it easier and more secure to implement identity governance and access management for Palantirians and our customers all over the world. As part of Palantir’s world-class Information Security organization, you will work closely with Security Engineers to research, implement and scale innovative solutions to help Palantir stay ahead of a dynamic threat landscape.
The Identity team consists of DevOps Engineers who are passionate about reducing risk, friction and eliminating toil. The team’s primary focus is the management of identity platforms for both corporate and production (customer-facing) infrastructure. As part of the team, you will build novel web services that help Palantirians stay compliant while minimizing impact on their productivity flows. Your work will directly impact and improve the resilience of mission critical Palantir infrastructure that enables and empowers a globally distributed workforce.
- Develop automation for the management of corporate and customer-facing identity platforms
- Build, secure and manage geo-redundant systems and services in AWS and Azure
- Manage Single Sign-On (SSO) integrations across multiple Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) tenants using infrastructure-as-code frameworks
- Build tooling to standardize and scale operational workflows in AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Research and drive the implementation of cutting-edge authentication protocols (like passwordless auth) by collaborating with Security Engineers
- Partner with Compliance Engineers to help build novel services that reduce the cost of compliance enforcement across multiple compliance regimes (FedRAMP, IL5, IL6, etc.)
What We Value
- 3+ years experience in Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), DevOps or equivalent field with a passion for security
- Technical proficiency in identity protocols (SAML, OIDC, LDAP, Kerberos, FIDO2, WebAuthN)
- Experience deploying and managing Linux or Windows based infrastructure in AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Proficiency with a scripting language such as PowerShell, Python, Bash, or Go
- Exposure to infrastructure-as-code frameworks such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Puppet, or PowerShell DSC
- Familiarity with risk management and understanding of regulatory compliance frameworks (e.g., ISO/SOC/NIST) is a plus
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir
and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the positing is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.