Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission-driven, FDIC insured and designed for the way our customers live their lives. A bank for all of us.
Varo is building a world-class Internal Audit Function and is recognized for our customer and business focus, objectivity, and value-add. As Varo is the first consumer fintech to get a national bank charter in the United States, we are seeking skilled and highly motivated professionals who want to be part of a new audit function for a technology and data-driven business model in a regulated financial services sector.
The IT Audit Manager is a key role at an all-digital bank with a modern tech stack and shared infrastructure. This role will partner across the business to bring subject matter expertise, business acumen, and insights to the assessment of these areas. You will also establish internal audit practices for technology and information security reviews. We’re looking for an audit leader who is curious, a builder, and can collaborate effectively.
What you’ll be doing
- Oversee, plan, design, and perform all aspects of technology audit coverage at Varo and related practices
- Plan, lead and execute technology and information security audits in a modern technology stack
- Provide credible challenge and professional skepticism to assess potential gaps or weaknesses in the internal control infrastructure to ensure risks that pose the most risk to Varo are identified timely and addressed
- Establish and maintain effective business relationships
- Employ data-driven approachesAssess information technology general controls (ITGC) supporting financial reporting and liaise with external auditors on ITGC
- Monitor the audit schedule and track it for the timely completion of audit activities
- Monitor the progress of management’s committed action plans and validate the closure of remediated audit issues and regulatory findings
- Report to internal partners, executive management, and at times to the Board
- Conduct all audit work in accordance with Internal Audit policies and procedures, the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) “International Professional Practices Framework” (IPPF), and applicable regulatory guidelines
You’ll bring the following required skills and experiences
- 5-7 years of IT audit experience, with at least two years as a manager
- Command of regulatory guidance for technology, cyber, and infosecInfluencer of outcomes and pragmatic tackler of new things
- Effective communicator who can adjust to the audience
- Proven history of accuracy and attention to detail with minimal oversight and errors
- Ability to attract, retain, and develop talent for a high-performing team
- Bachelor or Masters degree from an accredited university or equivalent education and experience, including military service, in the absence of a degree
- Professional designations such as Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certification or equivalent are desired but not necessary
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria above and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you!
Varo launched in 2017 with the vision to bring the best of fintech into the regulated banking system. We’re a new kind of bank – all-digital, mission-driven, FDIC-insured, and designed around the modern American consumer.
As the first consumer fintech to be granted a national bank charter in 2020, we make financial inclusion and opportunity for all a reality by empowering everyone with the products, insights, and support they need to get ahead. Through our core product offerings and suite of customer-first features, we aim to address a broad range of consumer needs while profitably serving underserved communities that have been historically excluded from the traditional financial system.
We are growing quickly in our hub locations of San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Charlotte along with colleagues located across the country. We have been recognized among Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Forbes’ Fintech 50, and earned the No. 7 spot on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing companies across the country.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
Our Core Values
- Customers First
- Take Ownership
- Stay Curious
- Make it Better
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail [email protected]
with the pertinent information and contact information.
CCPA Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants: