Automotive Maintenance Technician
Posted on 3/23/2023
McGregor, TX, USA
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 3+ years of automotive maintenance experience
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance and repairs on a variety of gasoline and diesel powered equipment and vehicles
- A demonstrated ability in reading/understanding technical manuals
- Ability to use hand tools, standard automotive tools and test equipment
- Working knowledge of computer programs to include Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office
- Communication skills for relaying data (verbally and in-writing) between other employees and customers
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Valid driver's license
- Automotive responsibilities generally take place in tight quarters and physical dexterity is necessary to perform job functions
- The ability to lift heavy objects is required in this position (up to 25lbs unassisted)
- Must be able to work at elevated heights (up to 300 feet) with proper PPE
- Must be able to work in extreme outdoor environments - heat, cold, rain, etc
- Must be able to work in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed based on site priority; flexibility required
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Perform maintenance and repair of the following: combustion engines and transmissions, brake, electrical, fuel/ignition, and hydraulic systems, steering and running gear, starters, generators, alternators, and carburetors
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections
- Test, analyze, and repair company motor vehicles and construction equipment
- Maintain service reports, as well as keeping record of service manuals, scheduling, and completed preventive maintenance services
- Ensure that all vehicle and trailer registration tags and licensing remain current
- Coordinate with equipment rental vendors for service and repairs as well as the delivery and return of rented equipment
- Weld with both gas and electric, including vertical welding
- Pick up and deliver materials located on or off site to work site that may require travel outside work location
- Research available parts through print and online catalogs to ensure the best value for the company
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.