Senior Software Engineer Ii
Posted on 2/2/2022
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Experience working within a well-established organization or at a high-growth company
- Strong technical leadership skills and ability to make and defend key technical architecture decisions
- Experience architecting and building scalable APIs and micro-services using strong design patterns
- Ability to write comprehensive unit and integration tests and put testing at the forefront
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative environment
- Ability to jump in and fix or extend open-source projects
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to communicate complex technical information to both professionals and non-specialists
- Set technical standards, coding guidelines, and best practices for the Engineering organization
- Take charge of architecting business-critical projects and core systems
- Investigate and implement new tools and techniques that support our fast-paced development
- Build for scalability and automation as we rapidly expand our network
- Implement features to enhance our mobile driver app experience, our shipper web dashboard, our sophisticated internal freight management system, our routing optimization system, and our integrations with third-party freight carriers
- Architect maintainable applications and systems to meet product needs
- Mentor junior developers across the Engineering organization
- Perform other duties as assigned
Mothership's mission is to build the future of freight so that businesses like yours can move faster than ever before.
- Your work matters - We offer very competitive salaries and equity, with a culture built around ownership of your work. We also offer a 401(k) program that helps you plan for your future.
- Flexible vacation policy - Enjoy unlimited paid time off that you can use for whatever you need. We even require you take at least 2 weeks annually.
- Health and wellness - Medical, dental, and vision insurance are covered by us so you have access to the right care for you.
- All remote - Our goal is to cultivate a culture that ultimately supports asynchronous communication, promotes documentation, and the flexibility to focus on what matters most - getting back to work.
- Come together - There are many opportunities to connect in-person to build relationships that will help you operate even more effectively when you’re not physically together.
- Strong community - From our 'lunch and learn' series to volunteer activities to monthly team rock climbs, there’s no shortage of fun to get involved in here.