Posted on 7/26/2022
New York, NY, USA
- A strong understanding of methodology, data & systems from a broad range of research providers, including emerging tools and methods
- Successful history leading research team members
- Expertise in online research, campaign effectiveness, online recruitment, audience measurement, and market research is a must. Prior experience working with vendors such as Kantar Millward Brown, Prodege, DISQO, Dynata, MetrixLab, Brand Metrics, Placed, Nielsen DBE (Vizu), etc
- Ability to work with partners such as Facebook and Snapchat on customized research
- Experience developing surveys based on specific objectives and in analyzing raw data through the output of survey tools
- Ability to take the data beyond the facts to what it means and why we should care
- Ability to analyze and translate data-based findings into clear, relevant insights and express those insights with passion and brevity, both visually and verbally
- Advanced knowledge of Excel a must. Intermediate PowerPoint or Keynote skills
- Proven ability to design, manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of native advertising and current trend in the digital marketplace
- Business acumen in identifying research opportunities and scaling services
- 10+ years of experience in research and data analysis
- Degree in Marketing Research or equivalent experience in statistics, marketing or psychology
- Lead and grow two team members by setting service strategy, developing work relationships and research knowledge base and supporting them with the research project cycle and key client correspondences
- Architect and execute thought leadership studies to proactively drive top-down marketing and positioning of BuzzFeed, Inc's latest ad products and 1st party data strategy
- Direct department budget and research investments to make sure we have the best in-market capabilities that showcase our brand advantages, while being strategic with spend
- Manage all parts of the research project cycle: design research questionnaires; support, document and manage client based projects; collaborate with internal operations on the implementation and management of research programs, including quality assurance; interpret data, write reports, and make actionable recommendations; present findings to account teams and potentially to clients. Focus on growing international business
- Work cross-department to match appropriate research with clients, understand the best way to showcase results and distribute knowledge, and develop expertise across client verticals and how that insight ties back to the business. This includes handling client-facing interactions that involve deep education sessions and recaps
- Work on ad hoc initiatives as needed
Cross-platform digital media company
Buzzfeed is committed to making the internet better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the Internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring their audience to live better lives.
- Wellness - Comprehensive benefits for medical, dental, and vision insurance with a focus on Wellness. Plus discounts on Gyms, Care.com, and access to resources like Maven, Tend Dental, and One Medical.
- Planning for the future - Take advantage of the 401(k) plan with a company match, short and long-term disability coverage and life insurance.
- Work-life balance - We offer our employees paid time off (including your birthday!), paid holidays and generous leave options for life events such as becoming a parent or getting married.
- Career development - Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more.