Senior Data Scientist
Updated on 5/25/2023
San Carlos, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years of experience working with statistical packages (e.g., R, Python, SAS, Stata, MATLAB, SQL)
- Statistics: must have strong knowledge and experience in experimental design, hypothesis testing, and various statistical analysis such as regression or time-series analysis
- Programming: experience in Python (or R) and SQL is required
- Comfortable balancing multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritizing work based on business needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to present information and analysis results effectively to technical and less technical stakeholders
- Ability to build positive relationships within data science & analytics community, as well as with our business stakeholders and clients
- Work effectively with cross-functional and cross-cultural partners
- Have an interest in data, metrics, analysis, and trends from the mindset of helping a customer-centric business. Know when to apply statistical measurement vs 80-20 analysis for business growth
- Master's degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Sciences)
- 6+ years of work experience in data analytics related fields
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time while paying attention to detail
- Distinctive problem-solving skills, good at articulating product questions, pulling data from large datasets and using statistics to arrive at a recommendation
- Proven ability to own projects end-to-end, even when you have to get creative: you do more than completing delegated tasks
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction. Willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques
- Ability to seek out new business questions and effectively scope projects to support client growth, reengagement and overall campaign strategy and performance
- Here's what you'll be working on: Moloco data analysts contribute in the following areas, all while working cross-functionally to help meet our client's needs and advance our machine learning models
- Data Analysis: data gathering, analysis and effective communication of presentations and recommendations to multiple levels of stakeholders. You'll be responsible for creating custom visual displays of quantitative information through writing queries, scripts, and developing automated reports and dashboards to provide insights at scale. Data validation: verifying the data we obtain from ad exchanges and mobile-app tracking solutions to confirm our campaign models are trained with the most accurate engagement data. Campaign optimization: engaging in the life cycle of campaigns, from monitoring daily performance to partnering with sales teams on bespoke analysis for clients. Business Collaboration: collaborate with key stakeholders to help Moloco focus on decisions that improve our products and services, with a focus on client growth
ML-powered advertising insights
Moloco is on a mission to make the digital economy more transparent, equitable, and profitable by making advanced machine learning accessible to companies of all sizes.
- Comprehensive health and wellness: Competitive health, dental, vision and life insurance (covered at 100% for you) and your family.
- Professional development: Teach yourself something new and get reimbursed each year for your professional development.
- Food and snacks: Enjoy lunch on us. We bring lunch in for employees everyday, In addition, our micro-kitchens are filled with healthy snacks and beverages for you to enjoy
- Paid parental leave: Our maternity/paternity leave plan also has you covered when you welcome a new child into your family.
- Unlimited vacation: We encourage team members to take time off to relax and recharge with our flexible paid time off policy.
- Financial benefits: We provide stock options and generous 401k/pension with an employer match that helps you prepare for your future.