Director – Creative
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Remote in USA • San Diego, CA, USA
- You are totally obsessed with words and their power. You make the complex relatable and understand how difficult “simple” can be
- You can talk to C-suite, large institutional investors, developers, policy makers, and total crypto geeks (and if you can't do this today, that's ok, we know you'll dig deep to be able to do this tomorrow)
- A passion for or knowledge of the web3/crypto space paired with a proactive eagerness to understand our customers, interview internal stakeholders, and learn on the fly
- Experience working with legal and compliance teams to develop approved terms and phrases, push to find alignment on rationale and nuance, and write brand copy that follows this guidance consistently
- Comfortable writing for multiple projects on varying deadlines, working with cross-functional leads for course correction and buy-in
- Participate in strategic kickoffs and creative reviews; experience working with agile teams, including quick adaptation and iteration
- Strong communicator who can express ideas clearly - not just on the page (or screen) - but also in presentations and brainstorm sessions
- Experience collaborating with external creative agencies and freelancers
- Proactive fearlessness in the face of ambiguity
- Eagle eyes and problem-solving brain
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack and Macbook preferred
- 12+ years of experience as a writing creative in a marketing, advertising, agency and/or in a corporate environment
- 5+ years of experience managing teams
- Bring creative-thinking and copywriting to brand experience projects and lifecycles (e.g., concept, delivery, campaign, social media, web, and event)
- Developing promotional, multi-channel campaign copy that performs - for landing pages, social media, paid media, branded events, video, and more
- Helping to evolve our writing style guide, build segment- and geo-specific rules, and identify gaps in our existing messaging to suggest ways to strengthen our brand voice
- Adept at understanding the relationship between textual and visual elements to ensure that the words and images used in creative complement each other
- Tapping into your love for storytelling to develop engaging content hierarchy and brand messaging systems that distinguish our brands in the market, adapting to needs across media
- A bias towards brevity, with the understanding that many digital readers have shorter attention spans and limited time
- You will also support writing and editing content for our employer brand and internal comms
- Experience with creative awards and accolades (e.g., Cannes Lions, Effie, Design and Art Direction, etc.)
- Experience writing conversational, engaging, and relatable copy for large-scale B2B/B2C technology brands
- Experience with lifestyle or experience-focused brands
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and communicate varying points of view to peers, cross-functional stakeholders, and executive leaders
- A portfolio website demonstrating well-developed concepts and execution
- Experience hiring and developing mid to senior level copywriting talent, and a passion for defining and establishing the voice and tone for an emerging brand
Platform for businesses to accept payments and send payouts
Circle's mission is to raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce. The company is a global financial technology firm that’s at the center of digital currency innovation and open financial infrastructure.
- Paid time off - We offer flexible paid time off — take what you need as long as it works with you and your team, and all Circle employees get mobile phone and home office reimbursements.
- Health coverage - No matter where you live, we offer a market competitive suite of benefits. Enroll in health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurances, and Circle covers some or all of the premiums.
- Invested in your future - All U.S. full-time and part-time employees enjoy 401(k) and pensions (with 4% company match if you contribute 5% or more), and share Circle’s success via company equity awards.
- Learning & development - Your individual growth and development is important to us and we provide the resources to help you grow your career while at Circle.
- We are Multistakeholder - As an institution, we exist in a broad stakeholder context, which means that we must organize, incentivize and measure ourselves against meeting the needs of all of our stakeholders — our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world.
- We are Mindful - We seek to be present and aware, to be respectful, active listeners (with each other and with our customers alike), and to pay attention to detail. We don’t rush to judgement, and when we are swept up by strong emotions we patiently observe and acknowledge them and try to not just react. Our mindfulness leads to better understanding, and more respectful, careful and deliberate choices.
- We are Driven by Excellence - We are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success. Being driven also means that we relentlessly pursue excellence, that we do not tolerate mediocrity, that we reward based on merit, and that we work intensely to achieve our goals. Being driven doesn’t mean that we are assholes and plough over people or tolerate a culture of aggressiveness. We are a team. Part of our drive is to bring everyone along in our collective achievement.
- We are High Integrity - We seek open and honest communication, and hold ourselves to very high moral and ethical standards. When we say we will do something, we do it. When we are having difficulty and need help, we talk about it. We treat each other and our customers with the utmost respect. We reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance. We welcome vulnerability and uncertainty, which needs to be listened to in order to bring people along, and helps us to constantly learn and improve. Our customers and partners implicitly experience us as high integrity, and our customer centric choices demonstrate this to them again and again.