Senior Product Manager
New Product Experiences
Posted on 10/13/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA
Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Embodies our EAGER values-is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable
- Is able to collaborate in person 3 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based
- Is highly creative-can imagine the possibilities in harnessing new technology as well as humanize this technology into something useful and emotionally resonant
- Has iterated from a first version of a product to something that is loved by users
- Is incredibly user-focused, keeping the users' problems front and center and making sure everything they build solves them
- Can weigh trade-offs and think through the long-term implications of their decisions-understanding the many paths this work can take and being able to think a year or more ahead and weigh them against each other
- Clearly articulates their understanding of the users, the market, and our opportunity in a way that facilitates debate and comprehension among cross-functional teams
- Loves thinking about what makes a sentence beautiful or an email clear and effective
- Has developed sophisticated metrics to measure the effectiveness of complex and innovative features-such as evaluating how an AI system has made a piece of writing clearer
- Has a solid technical background, with a computer science degree or relevant work experience
- Push creatively and be pushed creatively. You and your team will invent something entirely new
- Listen to users, brainstorm, and refine ideas until they're great
- Work with research engineers to understand the latest advancements in ML/NLP and bring them to bear to solve user problems that have never been solved before
- Iterate quickly and agilely on product concepts, learning as fast as possible and always getting closer to something users love
- Share the product vision and strategy with engineering leadership. The team's work has long-term implications for many of Grammarly's key systems, and engineering leadership will need the proper context to make decisions
- Ensure the team is an execution machine. The team is fairly large and works with several sub-teams, and you'll need to work closely with engineering leadership to ensure smooth and efficient operations
- Own the strategy for what's next after the first version is released. You'll need to initiate the necessary user and market research to determine which users we should target next, which use cases, and why
- Collaborate closely with GTM teams. This new product effort will have significant implications for our overall messaging, brand identity, and pricing and packaging strategy. You'll need to help represent the product point of view and ensure we're making consistent, sensible decisions
AI-powered writing assistant
Grammarly is on a mission to improve lives by improving communication. The company operates a browser extension and app that corrects spelling & grammar.
- Free food
- Company Social Outings
- Work From Home Policy
- Unique Office Space
- Health & Wellness Package
- Paid Time Off
- 401K / Retirement Plan
Company Core Values
- Ethical: Be honorable and earn trust by doing the right thing even when no one is watching, every time.
- Adaptable: Embrace change to evolve and succeed, with a positive, problem-solving attitude.
- Gritty: Achieve with passion and perseverance for goals, by doing whatever it takes to get the job done, whenever it’s necessary.
- Empathetic: Treat others as they want to be treated to work well together, by actively listening to put yourself in their shoes and then responding accordingly.
- Remarkable: Always be learning to develop quickly and be exceptional yet humble, by continually seeking out mentors and learning opportunities.