Federal Regulatory Affairs
Posted on 3/7/2023
Washington, DC, USA • Remote in USA
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in energy policy or related field. Demonstrated knowledge of electric vehicles or electric vehicle charging preferred
- Bachelor's degree required. Graduate degree in Public Policy or related field preferred but not required
- Direct experience working in or with US Department of Energy or Department of Transportation
- Track record of successfully developing and overseeing federal programs and navigating federal regulations and rulemaking proceedings
- Ability to understand and communicate on technical issues, and to work cross functionally within a large organization to develop technical positions
- Ability to speak publicly and write clearly, accurately, and persuasively
- Ability to identify, build rapport, and keep contact with key energy policy influencers
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently
- Ability to multitask on projects across several jurisdictions or federal agencies simultaneously
- Resourcefulness in solving problems with limited resources
- Excellent people skills and an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Strong computer skills including Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel as needed
- Generate policy advancement opportunities for electrification at the federal level
- Track, monitor, and analyze federal regulations and agency policy, including but not limited to the US Department of Energy, US Treasury Department, US Department of Transportation, US Environmental Protection Agency and US Department of Commerce
- Lead the cross functional development ChargePoint policy positions and strategy for responding to federal agency actions, including technical issues such as cybersecurity, tax policy, data privacy, supply chain and standards to advance policies that align with ChargePoint's business strategy
- Supporting ChargePoint sales team on policy issues related to federal fleet investments
- Represent ChargePoint in meetings, hearings, and stakeholder groups, in coordination with ChargePoint policy directors and consultants
- Build coalitions of diverse organizations with common goals to achieve policy outcomes of mutual interest
- Develop written comments, letters of support or opposition, oral testimony, and presentations
- Coordinate with internal domestic and international teams, consultants, and trade associations on messaging, policy development, and strategy
Electric vehicle charging stations
ChargePoint believes that the rapid transition to electric mobility is essential to building a sustainable future for all. After more than a decade, their mission remains the same—to create technology that will enable the movement of all people and goods on electricity.
- Outdoor Activities - The Los Gatos Creek Trail is just steps from our campus. Bring your bike or your running shoes. Plus you can shower up after your workout.
- Office Parties - Celebration is a part of our culture.
- Pets - Every day is bring-your-dog-to-work day.
- Health Benefits - We offer full medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- EV charging at work - Drive an EV? Our parking lots are fully outfitted with charging stations, so you can plug in and charge up while you work.
- Snacks and Beverages - Our fully stocked kitchens come with a wide variety of healthy (and not-so-healthy) snacks and beverages, plus we have an espresso machine.